Post YOUR Coupe here
By CopyLifted
#347865 It's going in the eg.

By SloCivic
#347877 Love the build so far. More updates!
By CopyLifted
SloCivic wrote:Love the build so far. More updates!

Thank you. Once the k swap is a go, there will be plenty of updates!

Civic Savior wrote:I cant wait to see that. Any idea on how long the install will take you?

I honestly don't know. I'm on the fence whether to order that swap package or not. I do have the money set aside for it, just not sure. My plan is to get a trans in the EK so I can start driving it as my daily, then start tearing the EG down. No real time frame though.

I also need to tear the engine down just to make sure all is good. The guy removed the head to put a thinner gasket on I believe, or a better one, or....i don't know why lol. Anyway, the other day i thought I'd better make sure everything was set right and I found the intake cam to be one tooth off. That throws a red flag for me (what else could be wrong?). It's supposed to be an under 40k motor, but I'd better check it out just in case. The clutch and flywheel look to be on par for a 40k motor though.

I've been busy lately though. Real busy. Aside from picking up the k20 swap, I also bought that wrecked civic I posted about. It has a JDM b18c (gsr) in it, but the block is destroyed. The head has slight damage from the cam gear hitting it, but it's easily fixable. It also has a hydro b16 trans from a '00 si in it. Not sure of the condition of it though. I'm hoping it's ok because I want that in the EK.

My brother and I are going to pick it up this Saturday, cut the motor out, take a few parts off it, cut it in half (the guy couldn't find the title) and scrap it. I already have the head here at my house.

And last, but not least, I picked up this b series ls trans today for $50!

By CopyLifted
#347918 I didn't even look at them as I just assumed the drivers rear one probably is. I'll check them out for you tomorrow.
By CopyLifted
Civic Savior wrote:Are the wheels on that wrecked coupe destroyed? If not i would be interested in them!

Just as I suspected, the rear driver side wheel is destroyed.

Small update too. I just ordered the k tuned k series level 4 swap package.

We also picked up the wreck this morning and took it to my brothers work. I pulled the sunroof, tail lights, and trunk lid. It was getting too hot for my bald head, so I went home lol. Pic of the damage to the block and pan too.

By CopyLifted
teal_dx wrote:Are those HX wheels? If so, it won't be difficult or expensive to find 1 or 2 more. :thumb:

Yes they are. And yes, I agree. I might pull the three (possibly 2) good ones.

It's still on my brother's trailer at his work where it will stay and be dismantled of any good parts and then cut in half and scrapped.

There's really not much to save to be honest. the front seat frames are twisted, the top back rear seat, although probably useable, is also bent. There is really nothing good, suspension and body, on the drivers side. The rear cross member is pushed up in almost a v, as well as the gas tank.

I bought it for the JDM GSR engine and the si b16 trans. The head is fixable, and I'd only need a standard bore block and oil pan to make it complete again.

The transmission is obviously unknown. The passenger side axle is sheared off flush in the trans from the impact. It still shifts through all gears though lol.

It's worth a gamble. I paid less for the whole car then the head sells for on a bad day.

Damage to the trunk floor.

By CopyLifted
Civic Savior wrote:Well let me know how many good wheels are left if you want to sell them. I am excited to see that K swap start to finish!!!

Will do. I'll have to talk to my brother. I told him I didn't want them, but he won't have an issue with me changing my mind lol. He doesn't have a Honda.

Yeah, I can't wait either! I'll be sure to take pics. Just not sure when I'll start on it. I got an email from them today saying that they are putting my order together!

I need to pull the trans from the ek and either put the $50 ls one in, or if the b16 trans is good, put that one in. The other, smarter thing to do would be to just pull the motor/trans from the eg and use that trans. I know the condition of that one obviously and it shifts perfectly. I just don't want an ls behind a b18c1.
By CopyLifted
teal_dx wrote:Daaaang... that was a hard hit. What hit that civic?

Also you should start a thread of your 69 Plymouth Valiant in the "other rides" section :thumb:

I may do that in time :thumb:

A drunk female drove this Civic for the first time (and it's last time) and thought it was a race car. With a JDM b18c and a hydro b16 si trans, it was quick. They say the first thing your lose from your first alcoholic beverage is your judgment. This is true! Drove too fast and realized too late she was in way over her head on the first corner she came to. Lost control and hit a tree.

Don't let inexperienced drivers drive your (race) car. And DON'T drink and drive!

I think my brother is cutting it in half tomorrow. I got the last of what is salvageable off it today. Except the windows. I didn't want to bother with them.

I also filed the damage on the head down smooth. I test fitted a gasket (the one that was originally on the head) and it looks like that divet (sp?) won't be a problem.

I also have a guy coming over tomorrow for some interior parts. He's bringing his 2050 lb. k series swapped, ej1. That should motivate me to do my k swap lol.

I'm sure I'll get pics. I'll be posting them for sure!