Post YOUR Coupe here
By TrailerTrash
#337902 keep it up :thumb:
By brandoff88
#338094 thanks guys, im almost finished stripping and sanding the front half of the bay, then when the new support gets put on, ima take the engine out and finish it up and then weld all the little holes and shit..probably goin to keep the battery and fuse box in the same spot, and most likely the hairlines for the brakes, unless anyone has used ss braided and left the proportioning valve in the stock location?

will try to get pic tonight or tomorrow, im home for lunch but don't get off till 11pm sooo yeah..depends how tired I am lol
By brandoff88
#338127 did some more work today

trying to finish stripping that horrible thing the previous owner called a paint job, and in the last pic of the trunk area, I still haven't wet sanded the paint, waiting for it to fully cure then I will clear it.

finishing up the trunk seal area

anyone know what I should do with the seam sealer in the bay? should I remove it all and reseal it with seam sealer, or leave it and clean it up and paint over it?
By brandoff88
#338216 did some more work the last couple days, more to come when the engine is pulled, waiting for a friend to help steady the motor as it comes out :thumb:

I think in most areas this is as good as it gets, going to get a wire wheel attachment to get the rest

had a bit of cancer in an unexpected area, lucky for me it was only surface rust(3 areas down to metal)

decided to keep the proportioning valve there and do all ss braided lines, gunna have to do some measuring first lol

overall idea of how far I am, almost ready to yank the engine/trans, to finish it all up and get her started on the mild shave and finish my tuck

not done yet but once everythings out i can finish up the prep in the bay. thanks for looking guys and have a good day!
By brandoff88
#338269 well got irritated and did some more work...

got the two front mounts off, the two side ones loosened as well.

decided to do things the easy way...also so I didn't have to get more tranny fluid...seeing as this stuff has about 1 mile on it lol

decided to continue sanding some

and my oh so small work space :thumbdown:

just need to get the back mounts loose, remove shifter linkage and header, then I can pull out the motor and set it aside for now, and hopefully I can get a wire wheel attachment this next week to finish it off...then on to welding and a new support for the front....thanks as always for lookin
By brandoff88
#338391 so got some more work done, got all the mounts loose, header is off, not climbing under the car without another body there in case the unexpected happens, also did a lot of wiring work today....after trying and trying to depin things, I said fuck it ima cut solder and heat shrink wrap it all, I didn't want to break anymore plugs...

cleaning up the drivers side

passenger side still a work in progress

found also where to run wiper stuff

decided to start cleaning this mess up

and still workin on this shit

a view of how the passenger side will look in bay

please keep in mind im taking my time and measuring this all out and it will be loomed, and connected properly(solder and heat shrink) and these are all rough ideas im piecing together, with that said, im having more fun in the last month working on this thing than I did in the last year or so...I finally got past my damn funk and all the bs hack jobs in the car, got some good parts and a good motor, and im also thinking of having my ecu that's chipped retuned for my exhaust and other bolt ons just to maximize the effects. hope to be out and about by summer 2014 :thumb:
By pkaewthong34
#338397 omg dude i wish i got all my tools like back in the day when i first built my 240sx
By brandoff88
#339170 got some pics of the NEW parts I got from our awesome 1aauto guys.

also ordered this:
http://www.go-autoworks-store.com/clutchlinekit.html

and a 10 mm flare nut wrench hopefully get bake lines made up from either hel or make my own, will get a pic of the clutch line when it gets in lol
By brandoff88
#339363 well even though its only 31 degrees out I went out and decided that since my flare nut wrench got here, I would take all the brake lines off...well even with the flare nut wrench I managed to strip 3 of em...so I just cut them at the prop valve probably going to get a new one anyway for when I go rear disc at the end of jan/early feb. got some pics of what I got done as well.

pic of the back of the car, inside, and yes please excuse the fender, I haven't got around to getting the trim removal tools, I have already scratched a few panels so I am holding off till I get those.

FINALLY got the damn heater core out, no one tells you about the 12mm nut in the bay below the prop valve. starting to get all the wires ready, decided to go full tuck

and im finally making some progress with this mess of an area, all those little threaded posts will be gone.

wife didn't feel good otherwise id still be out there working, might go out later and see about sorting some of the wiring and seeing what I can de pin, I don't plan on having a heater core or duct work, should I just leave the wiring, or de pin it? im not sure, any help would be nice. :thumb:
By jefferydclark
#339958 don't you just hate dealing with engine bays? I hated every second of my tuck/shave and i'm about to pull the engine and make it better for 2014. do you plan on pulling the panel bond stuff off the seams and welding the panels together or are you just gonna rock that stuff? i'm asking because I left it alone when I did mine 2 years ago and now i'm going to pull that stuff out.
By brandoff88
#340259 sorry for the late reply I have since packed up the civic for winter, I have less than favorable conditions to work on her so I decided to treat my pick up to some attention, had it since Feb of this year and not one problem yet :thumb: and I was wondering about that, do you think it would be safe to remove the sealer and weld or what? Im all for style and personality but I need some safety lol.. I think it looks like shit right now but I don't want my panels to fall apart if I take it off lol
By jefferydclark
#340266 most people take it off and weld the seams then grind them smooth. i'll be doing the same thing but I have to get off my ass and get my engine out. if I get to that point before you finish yours i'll be sure to post pictures of how it goes. i'm not a big fan of the panel bond at all...whoever did my car at the factory did a horrible job. it looks like they rubbed it on with a paint brush.
By teal_dx
#340411 Seeing those pics brought me back to 2006 when I did my shave tuck and what a long nightmare it was. They sure do look great when finished though - it will be worth it :thumb: :thumb:
By brandoff88
#340441 haha sounds good dude, I don't have a welder yet and its still butt fuck cold here, but around late jan to late feb I should have a LOT more updates. I think the seam sealer looks like ass too, especially for what im trying to do, but like teal said, it will def be worth it in the end, and thanks for the encouragement guys!