Post YOUR Coupe here
By MHG
#36299 As promissed in the newbie section some pics and specs of my car. The most of the members here will probably be following the JDM-look. Although i like that as well, i didn't modify my car to that look. My car is a 1995 Civic Coupe DXI, originally painted in aztec green mica. Now i will let the specs and pics do the talking

Mods & specs

Engine:
D15B7
Tenzo R Cold Air intake
Painted valve cover

Exterior:
2-tone paintjob (aztec green mica/neuthron white pearl)
Shaved trunk lid
Arospeed dual exhaust
Tsunami T1 front-bumperlip
Clear blackhousing headlights
Dark Amber corners
ABS Dynamics sideskirts
White sidemarkers
Extreme dimensions Spider2 rear bumper
spoon-style mirrors
Red/Clear Taillights

Interior:
Alu pedal covers
Zanon radio dvd-player
Zanon 7" screen
Momo steering wheel
Adjustable bucket seats
Raceland 3-point harnesses
Tenzo R shortshifter
Type R gearknob
JDM EG6 Coin Pocket
PasswordJDM red stitched shiftboot
Re-upholstered door panels and rear panels

Suspension & wheels:
16" Inovit ST Vl
Pirelli P Zero Nero tires 195/45/16
Yellow koni's with weitec springs
Summit front-upper strut bar
Front-lower strutbar
Rear-upper strutbar
Rear-lower strutbar

Future plans:
*B-series engine swap
*ITR Seats

My civic in august 2006

Cold air intake

Exhaust & taillights:

16" Inovit rims:

Interior:

JDM EG6 Coin Pocket

Password JDM Shiftboot

Dark Amber Corners
Last edited by MHG on Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Bouli
#36305 He dude,

Welcome :thumb:

The Duchties are taking over :woot:
By MHG
#36307 hey, it was your sig on CCH that brougth me here :thumb:
By MHG
#36318 No they are not real volks. They are Inovit Rims, Inovit is a UK company if i remember correct. the sticker said RAVS engineering. don't now why they put that on. The day after i took the pic of the rims i peeled them off, looks much better without the stickers. I will try to make some new pics soon. These are pics i still had on my PC, new pics are long overdue
By york62
#36319 Car looks alright, i like the dual exhaust.
By bietelboer
#36400 And another dutch Civic ! Were taking over this forum! :lol:

Car looks great!
By vtec_gloucester
#36401 it looks ok i spose :)
By JLau
#36445 Hmm, welcome. :D
By Greasedmonkey
#36466 I can at least say Welcome!

As for the car...Its yours. Have fun.
By MHG
#288454 Time to get you guys up to speed.

This is what my EJ2 looked like before i took it apart:

Because i f*cked up my crank shaft pulley and the mileage of my D15 was almost 265.000 km, i decided to swap the engine. This was left of my pulley and the bolt that holds it in place:

The original plan was to go B18C-R. With that in mind, i slowly started to disassemble the engine bay. Removed my upper strut brace, brake-stopper, AC and cold air intake.

Next step, was to remove the intake and exhaust manifold, as well as al the coolant lines and engine wiring-. Then i removed the engine through the bottom of the car. This step took me about 2 hours. Thanks to the DIY I found, which i think was made by teal_dx .

This is how i ended that day:

Then i removed part of the headlight wiring and the dash.

At this point the B18C-R idea went out the window. I bought a complete K20A2 engine with all the parts and the radiator. It has about 60.000 miles on it. The first night the two spent together:

In the meantime i bought a few as good as new parts. Hasport mounts, R-crew header and stainless steel clutchline. Next step was to remove the radiator and AC mounts, so i can relocate the mounts for the EP3 radiator.

Also removed the driver-side wiring harness:

Then i reached the point of no return. The removal of the passenger side engine mount bracket. I drilled out the spotwelds, then beat the sh*t out of it untill it gave. Grinded everything smooth and test fitted the hasport mount.

Just before X-mas i grinded down all the studs on the firewall.

Next step is to clean and sand the engine bay, so the car can go to the paintshop to paint the engine bay. The plan at this time, is to match the paintjob in the enginebay to the exterior paintjob. I'm thinking of doing the whole bay in the white color and maybe doing the left and right motormount and the valve cover in the green color.

What are your thoughts on the plans for the engine bay paintjob?

thanks for reading.
By fago88
#288581 nice build :) k20 ...yeah! :woot:
By Apexracing
#288588 Wow it has been a while. Welcome back. All black bay in my opinion, and dont even think about ruining that beautiful wrinkle red vc.
By Punksz6
#288637 :thumb:
By MHG
Apexracing wrote:Wow it has been a while. Welcome back. All black bay in my opinion, and dont even think about ruining that beautiful wrinkle red vc.

I'm not a big fan of all black engine bays. I've decided to do the bay all white and just the valve cover in green. But don't worry, i'm bying a second valve cover, so i can keep the wrinkle red one in my garage. :D