Post YOUR Coupe here
By blackej2coupe
#36414 thanks man! :D yea we were thinking something like that to but he also has a b18c1 sitting in his garage which we were considering to, i will decide on the motor i use after i paint the car as i can take out the old d series and paint the bay and then leave the front wings and bumper and bonnet of the car until we drop the new motor in then build her up again. it all takes time and money though.
By blackej2coupe
#37607 few more pics of the car, bad weather,bad photographer (me) and the car needs a good buff! i shouldnt have bothered lol just cleaned in around the engine the other day, i had to paint the valve cover black as the previous owner had it painted bright green with a brush and he took out the orginal air box etc and had no aftermarket filter on or anything, so i just had that filter lying around so stuck it on for now as i dont want to spend much time around the d series engine because it will be removed anyways. few pics of my rear arches, bit dirty but no rust at all,inside of the car is a bit dirty, car needs a good tidy before the good weather arrives but i really like it and have been after a black coupe for a long time, again sorry about the rubbish pics and feel free to leave your comments :thumb:
By BurqueB16
#37640 I love seeing black coupes! gives me hope! :lol: but nice ej! :thumb:
By blackej2coupe
#37656 yea i have had a few stinkers in the past but when i seen the arches on this car and my boss said there were orginal i knew i had to have it. i didnt want to take a pick of the full rear quarter panels because inside the wheel arches are very dirty and i have crappy rims on at the minute, but tomorrow morning im going to pick up a set of 15" rims and im thinking im going to spray them satin black with a red lip, then i will post full quarter panel pics. not even a spec of rust were the rear bumper meets the quarter panel to.. as soon as i got home with the car i removed the rubbers from the arches and washed the dirt from the lip and greased the hell outa them. not going to let the rust get a chance because as we all know it can take over. :thumb:
By blackej2coupe
#37892 Image

when i started to sand down the rims

after i painted them satin black

then i painted the red lip
By blackej2coupe
#37895 i bought these 15 inch silver 10 spoke rims last night for £40 and even though they looked average silver i knew if i painted them satin black with a red lip they would be mean looking . so i got straight to sanding them last night when i got home at 10-15 pm and painted them this morning , very awkward to paint because of the 10 spokes but i managed to get into all the tricky bits ok.i was orginally going to leave the full rim satin black but as my car is black i thought i would do a bit of pin striping and do a red lip which in my opinion makes the wheels look sweet.all in all i have a set of 15 inch rims that look brand new and it only cost like £55 and thats including the rims lol i also went shopping today down to my buddys honda yard, he has just started a honda only car breakers. so i bought a d16z6 head which i also painted today as a trial run to see how it looks,then i will do it properly and i got a p28 ecu and a d16z6 distrubtor, then i went to my local parts shop and bought d16z6 spark plug leads and spark plugs, i had to order the gasket kit and timing belt and water pump as they had none in stock, as soon as they arrive il be attempting a mini me. :thumb:
Last edited by blackej2coupe on Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By BurqueB16
blackej2coupe wrote:thanx i think :?

haha lol cus mine looks like shit so seeing how nice yours is gives me hope that one day mine will be just as nice! :D

BTW love the rims! nice job on 'em! :thumb:
By blackej2coupe
#38257 ah ok didnt know what you meant dude, thanx :thumb: yea i love the rims myself, they turned out real nice.
By MrLayLo
#38261 oOoo i like... very very nice! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
By JDM_Ron
#38308 gooood job :thumb: