Post YOUR Coupe here
By Boods
#171591 Hey all,

I'm Matt, I'm from the UK [South coast] and I recently aquired a 95 civic coupe LSi with a D15b7 for my first car. Payed just over £600 for it, and it's in pretty good nick, however it has problems.

That's pictures of her sat on my drive.

She's a bit messy and tatty, so she needs a good clean to begin with. I've already cleaned the interior, but, by the looks of things she's gonna need a new interior.

Was re-sprayed from a dull white to black, but wasn't done properly so needs a touch up in most places!

Also, the lights're gone. Only one main beam works, one side light, and one dipped. think It's the bulbs, so getting new ones this friday and going to test that, to [hopefully] get that sorted.

Next, there's the Right hand side front indicator. The sides and rear go at twice the speed, so I'm going on the assumption that it's the bulb, and not a short. However, on closer inspection, the indicator is actually loose and broken off. It's tied on with a bit of rope, so will probably need to get some replacements. [Was thinking either the Orange JDM ones, or the Black/crystal ones. Any suggestions?]

also, the reverse lights just... Don't work. Not sure why or how, but they don't. So I need to get that sorted before it comes up for a new MOT [3 months left]

Smaller problems are the speaker wireing, the Passanger electric window sticks [sounds like either the seal or the motor] And the electric sunroof is the same.

Think that's about it. Will be using this as a sort of personal blog + To Do list, but as this is my first car, I'm going to be quite an amateur with most of the jobs [I've got myself a Haynes manual, and you guys are all super-geniouses if the manual doesn't help :P]

Also, in around 6 months/year I plan on getting a B18C put in, and maybe even get it boosted in the further future. All depends on my available funds, but for now I just want to get the thing running nicely and working well. Maybe neaten up the bodywork [get rid of the nicks/scratches/small dents] and get a CF bonnet. Was also maybe thinking about getting a bodykit, but I'm not sure if i could handle being seen as a ricer. Maybe once I've got a B18 in, just so people think I'm a young kid with a small car and big spoiler and then they realise It's actually got some grunt! But that all depends on various factors.

To do:
Get matching front left alloy!
Indicator
Headlights
Reverse Lights
Paint touch up
Re-wire sound system
wire up sub+amp
Get 2nd key cut
neaten up bodywork
fix sunroof
fix E/W
Get bonnet

Thanks for reading! Any input/advice/suggestions will be welcomed! will update with pictures from my camera when I get it back and will take snaps of all the problem areas, and me attempting to fix them.
Last edited by Boods on Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:33 am, edited 6 times in total.
By teal_dx
#171629 Hi welcome to the site, please read the newbie & faq stickies and post in the correct place.
there's also a big article right in the middle of the portal page...
By JoseEJ1
#171641 Welcome to the site. And these guys are very helpful so don't be afraid to ask any questions. Wish you the best in building the coupe. Slowly but surely. Don't rush it or cut corners to fix it. Do things right. Check out the Do it yourself section. Lots of good write ups
By Boods
#171684 Sorry teal, I posted this at 2am, so I was a fair bit over-tired >.> Please accept this apology :)

And thanks jose :) Will be reading alot on the DIY section, already read a few of the write ups just so i can get to know it a bit better! :)

Will hopefully be doing the indicator + headlights tonight or tomorrow :)
By ghostfire
#171687 Welcome European friend :D
By Boods
#172522 Little update:

Fixed headlights temporarily. The plugs in the back is semi-loose, and sometimes just need pushing in. So I'm not sure if a bit of masking tape will do the trick or if it's a whole new headlight jobby.

With the indicators, I'm in a dilema which ones to get.

I personally like them all, but need some help choosing which ones'd look best on my civic. I was thinking continueing the all black theme and going with the top left crystal black ones but I'm not sure.

Also, the actual bulb holding bit was nicked when i was at school, so I need to get a new indicator part. Does anyone know what it actually is? And Am i correct in thinking that the bulb is a "382" opposite pin? Is this correct?

Also wiring the speakers this weekend. Got an insrtruction manual and everything i think i need. Anyone got any little tips? Cheers :)
By Quence
#172555 lookin good, i rather go with the amber, bt thats jst my opinion. :eh:
By gostt
#172556 Ambers one for my part ! :thumb:
By Boods
#172563 Yeah, Thinking I'm going to grab me some Amber ones :)

They're a bit expensive, but I was thinking they'd look best.

Now, about the housing inside the indicator... There's the Black clip, the gray bit which holds the bulb and the actual indicator housing. I'm missing the gray bit which holds the bulb. =\
By J'95
#172576 Welcome a board mate. Go for the amber corners they look sweet !!
By live2crawl
#172616 only way i could see you using the black ones is if u were runnin some projector headlights. but iam not to much of a projector healdigh fan. i'de rather rock the stockers and thorw in some nice cool blue bulb;s. but Gluck bro. just my 2 cents :thumb:
By Boods
#172719 Amber ones it is then :) Will be buying them hopefully for the weekend when I'll be fitting them + new head unit, sub, 6x9s [Where can i put them, as the parcel shelf doesn't really have a decent place for 6x9s] and 2 amps.

Also, anyone know what the bit that the bulb goes into in the indicator is?

And will be doing some photoshops of the interior to see what'd look best :)
By chrono404
Annoyingricer wrote:Where can i put them, as the parcel shelf doesn't really have a decent place for 6x9s] and 2 amps.

Why 2 amps? One for your sub(maybe subs?) and one for mid channel audio?

Where to put the 6x9s? where the old 6inch round ones went. Just put the OEM cover back over them. Its holds them just fine.
These are the Infiniti 6x9's in the back of my Sedan, Just held on by using the oem speaker cover.

Nobody gives them a pacing glance and unless you look straight down on them you cant tell that its not an OEM Speaker setup.

Annoyingricer wrote:Also, anyone know what the bit that the bulb goes into in the indicator is?

:?