Turbo and Supercharger discussion
By 95_eg_zcvtec
#340596 i need help guys and yess i have looked it up a lot but every something they make ssns e so i juss want a list of a good/nice cheap way to boost my z6 i wanna boost on stock internals and head juss lkoking to get 180-200 whp possibly juss need a lil reliable as my DD so can someone juss gimme a list of the things i will need dont put things that wont acctually be needed but a list that is for sure thank you in advance
By suspendedHatch
#340613 Get ebay piping and expect to have to do minor fabrication on it to fit nicely. Possibly buy better couplings and clamps. You'll need a blow off valve and a turbo, obviously. You can get a generic Chinese turbo and not expect much long term reliability or you can spend 3x for a real turbo. Some companies make kits for oil lines so you don't have to tap the oil pan. A sandwich adapter for the oil filter and a oil drain bolt which is a PITA so maybe just take off your pan and have it tapped after all. Most turbos have coolant lines as well.

Intercoolers are a PITA to mount and get to fit right. You'll have to cut a lot of plastic from your bumper and it's going to look like ass.

Ideally you'll want to re-plumb your crankcase ventilation and increase its flow. This is over most people's heads on how to plumb it so you'll have to search around until you find a diagram that you feel confident about. You'll have to remove the valve cover and have a bigger port welded on.

Most importantly you'll need to decide which way you're going with engine management. Most Honda people chip their stock ECU but I've always been a fan of the AEM EMS. I can't stand the limitations and inconsistency of stock ECU based systems. The tune is absolutely the most critical and determining factor in your final results.

That's just a general overview to give you an idea of what you're getting into. There are entire forums dedicated to turbo'ing a Honda. My main point is that you don't have to drop ridiculous amounts of cash to get a good outcome. It's all about the installation.
By jefferydclark
#340782 Neptune is an amazing software for stock ecu system. it has more capabilities than you'll ever need for your d series. I've never had problems with CXracing stuff. I have a 50 from them that's been on 18-26psi over the last year and it has no shaft play at all. I made 263/262 on 18psi with only the cx kit and rods/pistons.(my rods are cx as well). but as stated above..the tune is the most important thing. I think you could hit 250 at the wheels if you keep the torque down below 200 somehow. I think torque breaks d series, not hp.
By sqkr_28
#341165 For reliable AND piece of mind build the bottom end at least. Also will need a good tune. As far as cheap goes most of my kit came from ebay with the exception of the garrett turbo, turbosmart wastegate, and hks bov. The oil lines from ebay aren't worth it either.