Turbo and Supercharger discussion
By wolfman93
#337455 Ok so Im building a d16z6 and using eagle forged rods and using forged nippon zc pistons netting 12.05:1 compression ratio. My question is it possible to put 15 psi from a 50 trim t3/t4 to it and if so what else will i need to do?
By teal_dx
#337457 Not saying it couldn't be done but I don't think it's going to be worth it as a street driven car. Tune will be absolutely critical and you'll bef need high octane race gas. I'd use stock CR pistons or something closer to stock. 12.05:1 is going to be trouble with that kind of boost.
By wolfman93
#337460 Itll be a weekend toy with little streeting. Im having DK Goodrich tune it. Car is gonna be raced alot on drag and roadcourses.
By wolfman93
#337462 Thanks Teal. Would 10:1 be too high?
By teal_dx
wolfman93 wrote:Thanks Teal. Would 10:1 be too high?

I've heard of 10:1 with a small turbo/less boost being streetable.
It really depends on what your tuner can do for you. They will be able to give you a good idea of the compression while keeping things safe. Also letting you know what octane fuel you'll be needing.
Keep us updated on this build :thumb:
By wolfman93
#337466 Will do Teal thanks again. This site has been huge help.
By Uknterror
#338143 Little late on this but I just read a thread on H-T of a Gsr with off the shelf pistons at 13.5:1 that is also boosted. Lasted over 30 dyno pulls. My current setup is going to be 10.0:1 as well. E85 at this compression on boost would really help and greatly reduce the chance of detonation, it's not a must but I'd personally would recommend it.
By wolfman93
#338191 You arent too late at all. My plan has changed. Im not for sure whats going in my hatch yet