Turbo and Supercharger discussion
By reaperstk
#327961 Have a buddy geting rid of his turbo, down pipe, manifold, blow off valve, oil return lines, and a oil pan tap for turbo already. Hes looking to get 300 for all these items, its for d series. I havent checked it out yet but he did say its used but still in good shape. how much more would i be looking at to get the rest of the stuff to complete this kit, guessing i need an intercooler, all the piping for it, injectors, ecu. Can u say 6-700? Without any tuning or any internals (yet). This question is basicly getting all the turbo parts ready for when the motor is built, otherwise is 300 a good deal :? Will be my first so go easy. He knows his stuff so lowballing is out the window
By teal_dx
#327965 if the parts are in good shape then $300 is a good price.

If you go ebay intercooler & piping, used DSM 450cc's and CROME for tuning, you can keep it under a few hundred. If I was going to spend $$ anywhere, it would be in the software. So 600-700 is realistic. HOndata S300 is $500 now (I think) and then you have $200 for IC, piping & DSM 450's.
By reaperstk
#327968 Would s300 be better than chrome turbo wise? Buddy was running chrome and made 341 hp on his delsol with fully tuned and built bottom end with the same kit. Just a thought since i thought chrome is cheaper but if s300 is better for turbo then im willing to save up for it
By MG6
#327971 make sure the turbine wheel is freely moving and no sound is heard. Even if it is your buddy and he said he is parting it out.

Don't want to spend additional $300 - $500 to rebuild it.
By reaperstk
#327977 Yes sir, i made that kind of mistake a long time ago, wont happen again. thanks for the insight also
By TrailerTrash
#327982 hell for 300 bucks you could buy that stuff and probably flip it on craigslist for double. dam good deal if u ask me

Hondata has a few options that im pretty sure chrome and neptune dont have(correct me if im wrong) Hondata has boost-by-gear, boost control, and(im pretty sure) they offer a traction control system now. im not saying its better than the other choices but its a good choice and well worth the money if u ask me :thumb:
By bigpunn421
#328005 turbo is cheap to rebuild unless it has damage to casting or machined parts.

i would buy that in a heart beat. those smaller mhi turbos rip. i loved my td04 15t on my saab. i think greddy kits are td05's which is even better.

i would say buy it. you could slap that on for a affordable price and get it tuned
By JUICE
#328014 That's a great start for the price. Like said, if things don't pan out you can easily get your money back.

Look into the Neptune RTP. It does everything hondata can and its cheaper. "Chip" programs like Crome have fallen to the wayside for the most part.
By HeikDiesel
#328027 Neptune RTP> Hondata S300. And it's $100 cheaper