Turbo and Supercharger discussion
By Squirrelman91
#317453 I'm sure you guys have been asked this alot. are eBay turbos ok good or bad I've been looking on google and they seem to be hit or miss. and can I buy the kit and use a better turbo or should I stay away form it all together?
By FG2_Andrew
#317458 Why waste the money?

As I've always read/said.. Buy right, buy once.

ANYTHING suspension, motor, trans, etc. buy quality and buy it once.
By teal_dx
#317462 They say they will last longer if you get them rebalanced before using, but I've heard too many horror stories about the chinese knockoff turbos to ever buy one.
By Squirrelman91
#317553 Do you guys know of any good turbo kits. Or would I be better off buying all the stuff and building it myself?
By 801ej1
#320431 godspeed turbo kits are good
By poorman type-r
JUICE wrote:^ no, they're not. That's Chinese garbage too

Save yourself the headaches and save up for something quality like this..

http://www.go-autoworks-store.com/

What about the EBay turbo kit is garbage? My brother wants to buy a turbo kit off of EBay and I showed him the website you posted and he said that the EBay turbo is the same turbo as the one from Go-Autoworks-store.com....
By Apexracing
#320880 i've heard good things about revhard kits
By JUICE
poorman type-r wrote:
JUICE wrote:^ no, they're not. That's Chinese garbage too

Save yourself the headaches and save up for something quality like this..

http://www.go-autoworks-store.com/

What about the EBay turbo kit is garbage? My brother wants to buy a turbo kit off of EBay and I showed him the website you posted and he said that the EBay turbo is the same turbo as the one from Go-Autoworks-store.com....

Your standard $6-700 eBay kit definitely DOES NOT come with a name brand quality turbo. There are $12-1500 kits that do come with a name brand turbo but the rest of the parts are your basic ebay kit Chinese garbage. None of it fits right, all the metal flanges are warped, the aluminum piping is paper thin and you might as well send that "turbocharger type t3/t04" off for a rebuild and balance before it ever even sees any sort of psi / oil pressure.

In short, don't waste your time. After spending a whole bunch more to get that crap to even work, you could have just started with a nicer kit that would have bolted right on and looks 100x better.
By C4G
#321028 I would buy the kit, but use some kind of other charger. Oil lines and other stuff will probably do their work.