Turbo and Supercharger discussion
By baconsauce
#305925 I just wanted to know your opinions about pro and cons on both of turbo and supercharger?

I am new to this and I heard that supercharger would kick in at anytime you steps on pedal, turbo usually delays depend on rpm

Correct me if I am wrong, thank you. :cheers:
By SkunkDcivic
#305934 It's true that's how it works but On a b series engine I would do it because you can't make a lot of power compared to a turbo I wouldn't supercharg unless it was a s2k that's it
By baconsauce
#305938 My friend encouraged me to use supercharger on my d16z6 and I wasn't sure which are better for my d16
By teal_dx
#305946 I would go with a turbo on our 4 cyl engines. Here's a good article explaining the pros and cons of each:
http://www.importtuner.com/tech/0609_im ... ewall.html
By Hatch-O-Doom
#305949 IMO
Super Chargers are low end power. There quick off the start cuz its instant boost. But when its time for high end power they fall flat on there face. Also you have to upgrade pullies to get different boost levels, and the pullys are usaly off a little on what they really put out. Usally no FMIC

Turbos the bigger yoy go the more lag you get.. more lag means your not gonna go anywhere for a little bit.. but usally means better power gains :shock: some tend to burn oil. alot of people dont know what there doin with them and will turn up the boost and blow there car up. Can run FMIC, Sid mount, Or Water to Air.

Pros to both. Faster car. done right can be a sleeper. just plain awesome.

Cons. Well you putting pressure and stress on the engine that was never there and in most cases never was meant to be there. You HAVE to get tuned for it to be good. Need someone knowalagable in it. Loss of traction may occure.

I havent really seen many super charged Civics running around. one or two since i started messing with cars back in '03, Not saying cant be done. just really never seen it in person.
Running a turbod car is fun and all, but in the end, your always running a bigger risk. Blowing a rod, Breaking something. or having the turbo blow.
More things you add on, the more it might break... and then you can alwasy build it for it being a boosted car, but then you gotta spend more money, if you have a good budget its fun. if you dont well Its always a bit risky.
By baconsauce
#305960 Everything is so clearly like putting a glasses on

I am prefer that the turbo is better for my d16z6 engine than supercharger
By baconsauce
#305998 I heard about that you could get it both set up but it would be hard make it running eventually right?
By 1ACarlos
#306243 I would always pick a turbo. More power even if they can be a pain sometimes.
By bigpunn421
#308327 turbos make great power and are a good choice but i have always been a supercharger fan at heart.

heres how i see pros and cons

supercharger pros:
simple design
passes inspection/emmissions
throttle response
usually better driving power band
stock exhaust works
ac/ps not a issue
doesnt heat up your oil like a turbo does
no piping

supercharger cons:
heat requires some sort of cooling on higher boost