Turbo and Supercharger discussion
By mrbojangles13
#304582 Hey guys, I am currently in the planning / saving process of my build. I have a b20 v tec (b16) that I am going to boost. This will be my daily and only car so reliabality is top priority. The plans are ge sleeves, o ringed, micro polish n balanced crank, ge girdle, arp mains, arp head studs, arp rod bolts, ge rods, Arias mid comp pistons, and all new bearings. Oh and crank case breather. Figure while it's out n apart I will do it all.
Whats up in the air is the turbo kit. I was thinking and pretty sold on go autoworkes as they have helped me out a lot so far and I'd like to work w them.
The main question I have is, what hp can you successfully put down with street tires (traction being the limiting factor here) with the torque that will come with the b20?
I have 15's on there now. Was thinking I'd prob need to up the wheel size. What do you guys think? Lds is a no brainer and will be done to the gsr trans I have.
Another question I have is, when running a dual boost controller what is the biggest gap you can run between your two settings? I think it would be awesome if you could set to boost to give you 250ish whp while going to get groceries but when someone pulls up next to you and wants to go you can flick the go fast switch and have that stage set to say 500whp. I just don't know if that's possible.
By SkunkDcivic
#304607 I would use oem GSr girddle and if you use arp main studs you need a line hone also 300 to 350 is reliable and able to be put down
By SkunkDcivic
#304608 And before boost controll what engine management are you running and also you need toget a good tuner that will be the make it or break it part is the good tune
By bartman201
#304666 i got an LsT stock block with 1000cc injectors, fuel pump and s300 with a great tune running 16lbs daily push to 20lbs for track no issues at all
By mrbojangles13
#304695 I have hondata s300 for em, I was told thatpwm was the best. True?
Hone was planned with the ge girdle, did you not see that or were you suggesting the gsr over the ge? There is also the endyn which is looking good due to cost.
I was planning on going to Jeff Evans for tuning.
I was thinking 225 for daily putting and 500whp for when the quickness is needed.
By bartman201
mrbojangles13 wrote:I have hondata s300 for em, I was told thatpwm was the best. True?
Hone was planned with the ge girdle, did you not see that or were you suggesting the gsr over the ge? There is also the endyn which is looking good due to cost.
I was planning on going to Jeff Evans for tuning.
I was thinking 225 for daily putting and 500whp for when the quickness is needed.

Jeff is one of the best around, the only problem with him is the wait. i was trying to setup appointment but he has nothing for like 2 months. if you dont mind the wait take it to him.... :thumb:
By mrbojangles13
#304780 yeah lsd is on there with a new clutch. I am mostly worried about traction now lol
its a good problem to have : )