Turbo and Supercharger discussion
By 92dxeg
#301091 is it possibble to turbo a gsr and keep it as a every day driver like not a crazy 800hp build but maube a 350-450 hp build ?
By jrhdominos
#301092 I know Im stating the obvious, but its all in the build and the tune...I dont see why it isnt possible to DD a 450hp turbo GSR...just make sure you understand that if you daily ANY turbo vehicle it usually cost more to drive daily than the N/A counterpart...EXPECT something to go wrong, minor or major...I like the idea of boost (more for your money)..I just see it as more to go wrong..thats just my personal OPINION...build it 100%, tune it 110%, you should be good to go.

P.S. - I would go with a more conservative tune for a vehicle that is being driven daily.
By Civic_HatchSI
#301211 I drive my boosted gsr daily, mind you it isn't as reliable as my old n/a set-up, alot more expensive to run as well.

I ran 320whp daily 10psi stock internals
By 92dxeg
#301217 how long have u been driving it how long to stock internals last ?
By Hatch-O-Doom
#301223 I am running my B20 Turbo( I know its not GSR) as a DD and Its strong!
Just tune it to a more conservitive tune and you should be good!
I have stock internals and am Goin B20V-Turbo in about a month
By Civic_HatchSI
92dxeg wrote:how long have u been driving it how long to stock internals last ?

One summer, then I decided to build it. I could of left it stock for another year it ran great.
By 92dxeg
#301260 thats good cuz i have been thinking about building a gsr cuz i have one that is allready apart like i want to get pistons and rods i also have the stock ones i almost want to just throw back in it idk what to do lol
By fijiblu
#343294 I run 15psi daily with no problems its all on your build, tune and how responsible you are. Oh and maintenance, maintenance, maintenance!!!! [smilie=director.gif]
By jefferydclark
#343306 the thing that most people neglect to state is that you aren't running 450whp on a 450whp car the whole time. with a boosted Honda, if you drive it like you have some sense, it would see 450whp maybe 10 seconds at a time. if you did 4 pulls a day it would only see that for 40 seconds. the rest of the time you'd be running around 150hp like a stock engine. build It to hold the power levels you want to hold and treat the car well. you shouldn't have any problems.
By brandoff88
#343312 well said, if you drive around hitting the rev limiter and pushing boost all the time...your going to break something eventually...no matter the build or tune...treat her right and she will return the favor :thumb: