Turbo and Supercharger discussion
By 603 jdm
#298677 hey guys im posting this question for a buddy of mine. he just scopped up a 2000 ek sedan lx for 3800. semi built motor with some forged internals. mugen vc garrett t2 turbo setup running 10 psi. ricer rims but convincing him to trade them for blades haha. anyways. i know hondas all leak a lil oil, specially turboed sohc's haha. but he seems to think his bov is spraying oil? im not great with turbos and was wondering if anyone has had the same problem. ill try posting a pic of the motor setup and car. thank you in advance
By teal_dx
#298698 What's his catch can situation? If the valve cover live is going back into the intake before the BOV, then that could cause oil from the BOV. Or the turbo seals are realllly worn and losing oil into the intake.
By 603 jdm
#298754 his catch can is down low by pass side headlight. vc gasket is mint. his boost and oil pressure is stable too.
By teal_dx
#298756 I'd take the turbo off and check for play and look inside the IC piping for traces of oil. If oil is coming out of the BOV, then it's in the intake, most likely coming from the turbo seals.
By 603 jdm
#298761 thanks man, i just posted the thread to his facebook soo im sure it'll help him. im still looking to get back into an eg i blew the motor in my coupe and had to sell it. still miss it