Turbo and Supercharger discussion
By MnCivicEg
#298337 im planning on just putting a turbo kit on a stock motor(d16z6) with 310cc injectors and no arp studs.
will anything bad happen to my motor? How much boost can i hit without blowning my motor?
By teal_dx
#298354 ARP studs should be used. Some other variables that matter is the mileage of the motor, what shape are the rings & cyl walls in (compression #'s), how hard you'll be driving it and most importantly the quality of the tune & fuel management. Also you'll need to have a HP goal in mind as boost is not a standard measurement because it varies from one turbo setup to another.'

But if you're looking for a quick answer, no- don't do it.
By MnCivicEg
teal_dx wrote:ARP studs should be used. Some other variables that matter is the mileage of the motor, what shape are the rings & cyl walls in (compression #'s), how hard you'll be driving it and most importantly the quality of the tune & fuel management. Also you'll need to have a HP goal in mind as boost is not a standard measurement because it varies from one turbo setup to another.'

What if i just get arp studs will it be a little better?
By d-mon
#298370 310cc injectors don't give you much room for boost, will be maxed at a couple of pounds on a d16z6
i am kicking myself for using 370cc injectors on my stock z6.
By teal_dx
MnCivicEg wrote:
teal_dx wrote:ARP studs should be used. Some other variables that matter is the mileage of the motor, what shape are the rings & cyl walls in (compression #'s), how hard you'll be driving it and most importantly the quality of the tune & fuel management. Also you'll need to have a HP goal in mind as boost is not a standard measurement because it varies from one turbo setup to another.'

What if i just get arp studs will it be a little better?

Headstuds are always a good upgrade, plus they are re-usable unlike the stock z6 head bolts which are stretch bolts and only supposed to be used once.
By MnCivicEg
d-mon wrote:310cc injectors don't give you much room for boost, will be maxed at a couple of pounds on a d16z6

how much you hitting and is your z6 complete stock?
By SkunkDcivic
#298476 I'd buy a jdm version with like 30 or 40k on them get the block and head checked and then get arp head studds and bigger injectors
By d-mon
MnCivicEg wrote:
d-mon wrote:310cc injectors don't give you much room for boost, will be maxed at a couple of pounds on a d16z6

how much you hitting and is your z6 complete stock?

stock z6, 10psi with an itty bitty 15g
By bigpunn421
#298586 you dont need headstuds for your power goals with that 310cc injector unless your running huge meth injection.

i would say youll be around 200whp just a guess but at that level the stock stuff is fine.
By jefferydclark
bigpunn421 wrote:you dont need headstuds for your power goals with that 310cc injector unless your running huge meth injection.

i would say youll be around 200whp just a guess but at that level the stock stuff is fine.

agreed...i ran mine on 10-12 on a 57 trim with stock head bolts...my brother now owns it...been boosted for over a year. burns a little oil but the head on that block has 230k miles on it...the bottom end had a fresh rebuild before i boosted it. it was quick too.
By bks84
#303802 may not need headstuds, but they're cheap insurance.
By jefferydclark
#304203 i say if you are only going to run a little 50 trim on like 8 psi then headstuds arent needed because you will likely only hit about 180whp which isnt much and i'm sure the stock bolts are stronger...if you run any bigger turbo on more boost then the headstuds arent a bad idea at all. you can even run your stock fuel pump. i did on mine and it was fine. i would advise rewiring the power so it always gets a constant 12v to it though and make sure you wire in a relay to that as well.