Turbo and Supercharger discussion
By motoxash
#295819 im building a d16z6 engine for boost atm i dont want mega power cause i still want to be able to drive on a regular basis 250 bhp summin like that ive been looking at the eagle rod a piston kits on ebay and that is it worth me doing the pistons if im doing the rods i have already brought a engine overhaul kit including bearing and pistons but thats for a standard na car i was guna buy eagle rods and desent bearing kit but not sure if it would make a diference or not if its a no go zone cp pistons or wisco ??
By teal_dx
#295821 You may as well do forged pistons while you're rebuilding the motor. Cause once you get that turbo installed, you'll be turning up the boost after a while :thumb:
By bigpunn421
#295849 i wouldnt even waste money on forged internals for 250whp. arp head studs on stock motor is strong enough for the power goal you have. put that money into a good tune or a nice turbo.

people push over 400whp on stock block d series. the weak point is the head studs.

i say why build something that doesnt have to be built? thats like fixing stuff that doesnt need it.

i plan builds on a budget. because i have limited $$$$. so if you have unlimited $$$ build the motor. if not leave it oem spec with head studs
By couch_c
#295860 And if you have high hp numbers with stock head studs what's the worst that can happen?
By d-mon
couch_c wrote:And if you have high hp numbers with stock head studs what's the worst that can happen?

headlift and eventually blown headgasket