Turbo and Supercharger discussion
By kc12305
#288476 would bossting a d series 16 valve motor with a close to 100k on it a good idea? with just 8 psi
By d-mon
#288489 why don't you do a compression check to see if your motor is healthy?
By kc12305
#288490 ok and whats the ratio in compression i should look for ? cause im not sure casue i got a v-tec and this is a non v-tec and i really wan to boost it
By Apexracing
#288497 Good compression test numbers can range from 170 in the lower end to 225 on the higher end. If you get lower numbers, your motor might need rings.
By kc12305
#288498 ok so lets say it has bad rings i just replace rings or is that costly?.. but i just want to run a 8 psi so i might just redo the rings what would yall say is a good way to rebuild a motor if stock to run boost
By Apexracing
#288501 If the motor only has 100k it probably will be ok on 8 psi. A compression test never hurts. New rings entails taking the. Motor apart honing the cylinders And the putting your new rings on and using assembly lube and a pistion insertion tool to keep the rings in and so on and so forth.
By kc12305
#288502 ok im trying to look in to d15b7 turbo builds and im not seeing anything bad about them i just dont want to screw my self over on this trade
By Apexracing
#288504 Well why get a b7 if you already have a z6?
By kc12305
#288510 its not the fact that i want that motor im just wanting a hatch back i can turbo charge and he wants a 4dr im just looking to get info on this motor be fore i trade him
By teal_dx
#288513 Honestly, if you don't understand replacing rings, compression tests, or the difference between d15b7 and d16z6, then I'd hold off on installing a turbo setup. Take your time to learn about engines in general and then spend some time working on your own D series motor. start with simple maintenance then get into more complicated things as you need to.
Rushing to install a turbo kit without understanding the details of your engine or turbo kits in general can lead to costly mistakes.
Taking the time to research and learn is worth it in the long run. There's a lot here in the forum and also wiki and google are endless, not to mention if it has ever been done in the world of hondas, it will be on honda-tech.
Take your time :thumb:
By kc12305
#288519 well i get that part teal,, but im wanting to see whats motor is better and if i can do the boost with this motor
By FG2_Andrew
#288535 GOOD GOD DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x :x :x :x :x :x 3 or 4 topics, all about the same thing is not necessary.
By kc12305
#288546 lol sorry man lol
By flyinryan122
#288561 You shouldnt look at it as 8psi. You should do a LOT more research on turbo stuff. Such as flow rates.
By kc12305
#288586 Ok that sounds like a good place to start