Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Graham
#7424 Thought id write my build up again since a lot of the pictures had gone dead etc etc

Bought my car in July '06 having not long passed my driving test. Went down to pick it up from Carlisle where it had been all its life! Here it is as soon as i got it home

Was quite tidy all things considered and for the price i got a good one! Had a couple spots of rust in random places like the middle of the quarter panel, the A-pillar and under the drivers wingmirror, but nothing too bad... It had the late spec rear spoiler, optional alloys (badass 14's) and a black interior which was lucky as i didnt know you got grey ones at the time! :P

I couldnt drive my car till i turned 18 as insurance would have been too expensive, so it sat outside my house till September as i worked away and tidied up a few wee bits and pieces. First thing i bought for it was a set of cupholders, they were grey so i just sprayed them black to match my interior

Not long after my birthday i found an import tailgate for sale locally so i snapped that up. It needed work though having a couple of dents and being the wrong colour, so i thought id have a go myself :P

Sanded it all down and filled a couple of dings, then sprayed it the same colour as my car

At the same time i took off my UK number plate on the front, smoothed the holes and sprayed my front bumper and sprayed my wiper arms black again

As you can see the paint wasnt a great match and up close the finish was rubbish, but i enjoyed doing it and it looked okay from a metre away :P

Then not long before christmas '06 i had my first bump...

It wasnt bad but i was pretty down over it, managed to fibreglass the bumper back together and touch it up a bit but didnt have a lot of spare cash as this was about the same time i bought my racing sparcos

Was lucky finding them, didnt really like the black + polished lip and they were really tatty, but i like the style of the wheels. Turned out they used to be a friend of mines too :P

About the same time again i also bought a carbon fibre bonnet, had always wanted one ever since i first saw the fast and the furious so when one came up locally i had to have it :lol:

Didnt put it on the car straight away though which was lucky as in the beginning of January '07 i did this :| :cry:

Lost the back end on the roundabout not far from my house, wasnt going fast but obviousely too fast for the conditions :cry:

Got my poor car towed home and in the garage to see just how much damage i'd caused...

Luckily it was the panels and lights that took the brunt of the bash, the inner wing had been bent slightly but my dad and i managed to persuade that back to where it should be :lol:

Went to the scrappys the next day and got incredibly lucky as there was another green eg in that had that corner intact :D decided to just put my carbon bonnet on instead of buying another green one. Kindof gutted i smashed that old wing and bonnet though as there wasnt a mark on them :cry:

This front bumper came with a vti lip aswell which was a bonus, but as you can see the bonnet wasn't a great fit at all and no amount of adjusting fixed that :lol:

I quickly smoothed over the holes in my bumper again but i didnt do a great job of it, was only a temporary thing though

I noticed both my arches had cracked and wondered what the story was with them... went at them with some sandpaper and one side was just solid filler :P

The drivers side wasnt so bad but still needed work

I got a friend of my dads to cut out the rotten metal and weld in new sheet metal and i did the filling/ spraying myself. Things didnt turn out great, my passenger side was a mess but it was rust free so better than it was i suppose

A wee while later again, i think about March time, a woman crashed into my door on a roundabout :roll: she ended up doing a runner so i had to pay for things myself

I found another green door luckily but it was a different shade to my other panels... So i decided id respray my drivers side. Looking back, this was kinda stupid... :lol:

Shaped my arch a bit better and filled a lot of dents all over that side, it came out okay in the end after i polished the hell out of it :lol: did my wingmirrors and door handles too

So all in all it was looking a lot tidier. I got hold of some eg vti wheels at some point too but they needed a refurb, i left them on for a while though, they had good tyres on them so was enjoying chucking it round corners :lol:

Think it was about this time that i bought Del Sol seats, got these out of my local scrappys and they were a very good buy - million times better than the standard jobbys

And also got hold of a rare bargain, a mint black armrest, also from the scrappys 8)

Was back to uni after this so didnt get that much done although i made up for that by buying some new shiny bits :D

I fitted them in July i think it was, had the usual problems of snapped bolts but was expecting it to happen so had bought new ones anyway

Fronts done

And at JAE a wee while later

After i got home from JAE i got my new tyres fitted on the vti wheels that i had painted too, was pleased with how they turned out! I bought some OEM flat side repeaters too, cant remember when though :P

Then another bad bit im afraid, my car got stolen not long after i took that picture :cry:

Sure you all heard the story, they used it for a robbery but luckily my dad found it and scared them away so i got my car back, albeit with some damage :cry:

Felt kindof weird sitting in it, so i gutted the car and cleaned everything and also bought some new parts to cheer myself up :P

Needed a new ignition barrel and door locks but heres some of the more interesting bits i bought :P

The steering wheel from Andys Integra

And also a new centre console to replace my cupholders aswell as an ITR gearknob :)

After this i went on a selling spree, selling my carbon bonnet, the vti wheels and tonnes of other wee bits i had collected so this left me with some free cash :twisted:

Got my wheels powdercoated Anthracite and really really chuffed with them, think they go great with the green :D soooo i fitted my new wheels and also took off my bump strips for no real reason, then me and my friend Steve took some photos :D

Oh yeah, i got an sir spoiler at some point too, 1 piece long brake light 8)

In October i went to Japshow at Santa Pod, our weekend in brief:

After this i decided to take my car off the road and get some real work done. I knew things underneath needed some attention so now was the perfect chance to upgrade, although this is where all my troubles began... :P

Bought a set of hubs from a Del Sol Sir, but it turned out the front hubs id bought were the exact same as my 242mm lsi ones.... hmmmmmmmmm.... :P

So i bought ANOTHER pair of front hubs, and yup, these ones were a mess. I had to replace the lower balljoints, sort out some studs that had been knocked out their perch and cut a variety of screws and bolts off that the previous owner had kindly rounded for me :)

Eventually got them fixed up and painted, along with some 262mm ITR calipers and braided front lines. Didnt get a picture but i also fitted a 1 inch ITR master cylinder

Wasnt finished in that pic ^^ :lol:

At the back i fitted the Sir trailing arms and discs, aswell as some JDM lower control arms (theres a reason ;) ) and cleaned up underneath... a lot

Before

And after some grinding/ priming/ painting and undersealing

Also got hold of a black Integra recaro so my interiors nearly complete now :D

Another bargain came up which resulted in me selling all my panels to make way for some mint new ones :D

Just got to get the drivers door on, finish a few wee jobs on the brakes and then ill get some new photos :D

Graham
Last edited by Graham on Sun May 25, 2008 11:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By asianrob
#7435 i like those wheels that are pictured on your car! we dont get those here in the states :-(
By fresh eh2*
teal_dx wrote:your civic's looking clean, nice work on those rear panels!! What happened to the door? looks pretty bad in the pic :(

yea good job car looks really clean now
By vtec_gloucester
#7450 looking good dude 8)
By LaMbErT*
#7476 Yeah erm, nice :thumb: ha not much to say considering we always have a long ass convo on msn about our motors while im drunk :lol: :lol:
By Graham
#7488 ...
Last edited by Graham on Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Jsa-SIR2
#7510 nice work, like it :)
By Graham
#7696 ...
Last edited by Graham on Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By eg-civic-racer
#7810 What you wanting for the wheels?
By Graham
#7814 ...
Last edited by Graham on Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.