Post YOUR Hatchback here
By foxtuning65
rustyrex wrote:Holy crap. I thought my tranny was bad turning 3grand at 80 mph. Whist trans are you usin?

That would be a '98 spec R. Great at cruising speed huh?

Got a package today. Here it is! Small update!

Fitted it as soon as I could.

Going to have to get a short hub since its a deep dish wheel. But other than that, I think it looks good
By foxtuning65
#328517 Another small update, got something accomplished today, painted the intercooler.
BEFORE

AFTER

Doesn't look bad I think.

Also did the "jdm" hood raising. Just to try and clear my manifold.....didn't work

Nothing new other than that, hoping to get my wideband put in this weekend, well see how that goes
By Civic_HatchSI
#328522 What kind of paint did you use for the intercooler? I always wanted to spray mine black.
By foxtuning65
#328524 I used VHT roll cage paint. It's self priming and covers extremely well. I also checked the intercooler to make sure it wasn't on so thick that it clogged in between the fins. It's just as it was before paint.
By Civic_HatchSI
foxtuning65 wrote:I used VHT roll cage paint. It's self priming and covers extremely well. I also checked the intercooler to make sure it wasn't on so thick that it clogged in between the fins. It's just as it was before paint.

Really? ok ummm I dunno that seems sketchy lol. I would assume that paint would trap the heat in and make the intercooler less efficient.
By foxtuning65
Civic_HatchSI wrote:
foxtuning65 wrote:I used VHT roll cage paint. It's self priming and covers extremely well. I also checked the intercooler to make sure it wasn't on so thick that it clogged in between the fins. It's just as it was before paint.

Really? ok ummm I dunno that seems sketchy lol. I would assume that paint would trap the heat in and make the intercooler less efficient.

My friend that has a boosted 240 said the same thing, but I had a friend with a WRX that had a front mount. He had it tuned, without the intercooler painted and then dynoed with it painted. The car made about 550 to the wheels and the paint didn't seem to hurt the intercooler at all. I'm not making anywhere near that much power so I'm not worried.
By foxtuning65
#328988 Small update, picked up another piece to my turbo puzzle. For an Apexi turbo timer for super cheap.

Not much other than that, just waiting to get everything installed and street tuned.
By foxtuning65
#329828 Got a couple updates. Finally got around to installing a few things. Still waiting on getting my slicks. Can't wait as honda day is right around the corner. Anyway here's some pics.

Here's the turbo timer finally installed.

Got the wideband in

Custom catch can. It actually works pretty well.

That's it for now. Hopefully more updates soon.
By foxtuning65
#339948 Man has it been a long time since I've posted on here.

The hatch is still running good and I've done a few things to it recently. Enough talk, here's some pics.

Got the Kosei's painted and on the car. Looks good IMO

Shortly after getting them on and ready to go, my clutch started acting funny. It wouldn't disengage properly and eventually one drive home was done without a clutch, so I decided to dig in and found this.

It scored up the flywheel pretty bad as well so I had to replace that.

Upgraded from comp clutch stage 4 to Clutchmasters stage 5 unsprung.
Installed it

I then upgraded my suspension to KYB AGX's on all four corners with skunk2 coils.

More recently, I've saved up some money and went on a shopping spree on te car
BWR tie bar and subframe brace

Came across these beauties, all collars were stuck, I called BWR and they are shipping new collars to me, at no charge.

And here's the rest of the parts I have waiting to be installed.

That's it for now. I'll be posting regularly again. Thanks for looking
By TrailerTrash
#339950 nice update :thumb:

how ridiculous is that clutch to drive with?
By foxtuning65
TrailerTrash wrote:nice update :thumb:

how ridiculous is that clutch to drive with?

Its not too bad. I definitely like my sprung clutch better for daily driving but you just have to rev this one a little higher to start. I get dirty looks late at night while leaving red lights cause of the revving to get going. Compared to what I have heard about it, its actually very streetable if youre not a pansy haha
By foxtuning65
#341270 I haven't updated in a while again but I've definitely been busy. Got a really good upgrade that will probably shoot the car down into the 10's. But I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

I decided that paying $300 for a catch can kit was crazy do we decided to make one and I got it powdercoated wrinkle black.

Got a call from a friend, he had one of these laying around his speed shop. Picked up this monster. Runners are HUGE.

While I was there he talked me into picking up a head package.

And then finally the BIG UPGRADE

USDM b18c1 block
-81.5 mm bore
-CP pistons 9:1 comp
-Eagle H beams
-ACL main and rod bearings
-Supertech block guard
-gsr oil pan with fitting for oil return
-type r oil and water pump
-brand new honda timing belt
-built and tuned by CLM Tuning
-with a b16 built head made 704 hp on q16 at 30psi of boost.

Can't wait to turn up the boost and get the car into tens.
By foxtuning65
#341392 More updates.
Picked up some bling over the past few days.
Good shape Benen tow hooks for $20. Can't beat that.

And then another big upgrade.
Exospeed Star 8's. 3 piece wheels. With Mickey Thompson slicks. Sick looking wheels.

Next up, axles.