Post YOUR Hatchback here
By vtec_gloucester
#3814 since fitting my 4-1 manifold my engine bay gets uber HOT

HOT enough for me to light my cigs off :D

which cant be good sucking all that HOT air in so i decided to heat wrap it - took me about an hour to do but it was abit of a pain and i wouldnt like to do it again. lol

i also fitted a rear lower strut, had a front lower strut aswell but it sat WAY too low so that was a no no...

anyway - heres some snaps. :D

had to chuck this pic aswell just because its my fave pic at the mo. lol

and one more...

little honda meet me and a few mates had, from the left we have my civic then the green EG "AKA - the bogey" which is abit chaved up at the mo but he is putting it back to stock soon, then we have a hybrid CRX with a b18c bottom end with a b16a head and EK9 type-r cams (tis quite fast to say the least) and then we have the EK vti which is stock at the mo apart from wheels and exhaust, then last but not least we have a UKDM ITR running lots of spoon goodies. :D
By vtec_gloucester
#3815 oh, i know the date on the last pic is way off but my mate aint set it up yet. :lol:
By ChicagoMike
#3819 One question reguarding the header wrap, do you drive in the rain??

I've heard that they hold moisture and damage the header.
By vtec_gloucester
#3821 does feel slighty more responsive at low rpm and doesnt feel as "lumpy"

when i put my hands close to the manifold now with the heat wrap on the temp close to that area still feels very hot but the rest of the area under the bonnet doesnt feel as hot - hope im making sense. lol

also - when opening the bonnet before you could feel a big gush of heat come out but i dont get that any more.

i recomend anyone with an after market manifold to do this simple/cheap mod :wink:
By Jsa-SIR2
#3831 cool mate, were did you get the heat rap? i would like to do that to :D
By vtec_gloucester
#3835 i bought it from some one on CSC but you can get it from ebay in loads of different colours.
By sihatch9508
#3959 nicely done heat wrap!