Post YOUR Hatchback here
By kingjmack
#270475 Roll cage is looking good! Anytime I look at your thread, it really makes me want to build a 400hp z6 for my car. Your an inspiration to all sohc builds.
By Gold DA9
#275126 Just went through you whole thread. Car has come a long way.
By flyinryan122
#287430 UPDATE! :thumb:

Some of you may know, This engine is in pieces. When the oil pressure sensor came out, it caused enough damage to the oil pump, that a week later the pump broke, killed the bearings, rods, & the crank. :thumbdown: One rod got effed up and ovalized enough that a piston hit the cylinder head. But didnt hurt the piston. I have a new crank, rods should be here soon, and got pistons last night.

Endyn Rollerwave pistons. These thing kick ass. They are about 10.6:1 comp ratio & 78mm bore. the old ones were 8.5:1 & 75.5mm.

I'll get better pics asap. My phone got water damaged lol. Motor should be back together soon. Then back on the dyno we go, for more power and then the track for some haulin ass. Last year i had a 10 second goal, 2012 im looking for that single digit :wink: 9's or bust! haha. Now that i have all the proper safety equipment they cant kick me out.
By dbrooks
#287771 Such a sick build :thumb:
By flyinryan122
rtegra92 wrote:im kinda mad, i looked on there site and they wont sell pistons unless its built by them or in a cyl head package, :x

Yep :P haha. A buddy just happened to have a set laying on the shelf from a customer from 4-5 years ago that bought them, then sold off his car and all his parts. but the kid that bought it all never came for his engine build parts, and nobody can get a hold of him. There was a tiny bill left on his invoice, so i paid it off and in turn, got these pistons (for MUCH less than bnib price :wink: )
By flyinryan122
#292104 Here are the plans/changes for 2012.

Purchased parts.
-Endyn 78mm 10.6:1 cpr pistons
-Eagle rods
-Ferrea flat face Stainless valves, +1mm over. (waiting for delivery)
-Spot faced the cyl head so the combustion chamber matches the bore of the cylinders.
-78mm headgasket, OEM honda, opened up by Golden Eagle.
-SpeedFactory thermal intake mani gasket.(waiting for delivery)
-New oem oil pump, ported this time.

-Pulled the trans apart and sent 1st-4th gears in to Liberty gears where they are face plating them.

Needed parts.
-Buy all the rest of my safety crap. Driving gloves, shoes, pants, neck collar.
-Window net and install kit.
-New 13'' wheels, and new 24.5'' slicks. My brother has the Lenso/slick set up I used all last year.
-AEM oil press sensor for logging.
-ACT 4-puck unsprung disc
-????

Want/if funds allow.
-What ever brand LSD I can get my hands on for the trans.
-Try to get some DSS axles.
-MAYBE a different cam.
-Parachute and release cable.
-ATI damper

Cleaned up the block last night. I hated how the Devcon looked. so I cleaned it all off. Block and pistons were dropped off at the machine shop this morning to get bore and hone done. then i'll redo the devcon.

Still need the valves to show up so the head can get dropped off to get the valve job done. Then need to get the crank polished and balanced, along with having them balance the whole set up as far as the crank, crank pulley, flywheel, and pressure plate go.

Out of everythng, i am most excited for the trans lol. I hope it doesnt take too long. They said 3-4 weeks.. :-/ As long as I have it back Before May LOL

Trying to make it to the Vegas IFO event on May 5th. They have an SOHC only class this year. Time to get crackin.
By d-mon
#292122 in for pics of the rollerwaves
By flyinryan122
#292402 When they come back from the machine shop I'll snap some.

Image This showed up today.
By flyinryan122
#292863 Well, I received my valves today.. Not sure if I should be happy or not.

I ordered the Ferrea 5000 series, flat face, +1mm valves, paid $185 shipped from TD Autowerkes in Florida. Ferrea drop shipped the valves from their warehouse, but sent the wrong valves. They sent the 6000 series, dished valve, +1mm over. But those sell for $326.99 shipped from TD Autowerkes.

I'm not sure if I should be happy or not.... I got expensive valves for cheap, but they aren't what i wanted. :-/ I guess we'll see what they say if they email me back.

By flyinryan122
#295069 Hondata v2 showed up yesterday. Block is back from the machine shop. I'll be working on it tomorrow so I'll get some pics. It's been a few weeks since TD autowerkes said they were shipping new valves and a lable for me to ship these back. Now they won't return emails, I can't wait any longer, so I'm using them. Now I just need head studs and get the rods balanced and we can assemble this bish.