Post YOUR Hatchback here
By blk92hb
#358359 The hatch Looks good. I'll definitely be watching this :thumb:
By Gustavo
#358491 Well started tearing up the hatch some more. Will finish taking a majority of the stuff off of the engine bay so I can start sanding and getting it ready for paint. I'm also going to be doing a wire tuck. I also decided to take the dash out so I could see behind it and see if it has been tampered with. I learned not to trust previous owners. I am glad I looked. First of all I am glad this hatch had a rod knocking and I never got to drive it because after taking things apart, I realized this thing was a death trap. A lot of the bolts and nuts on the hatch were seriously loose. I could literally remove bolts and nuts with my fingers. I can go on and on but here are some pics.

A piece of string holding the turn signal switch. I also found a piece of wire holding the a/c bracket and power steering pump bracket

I start to take the steering column down and I find this. Broken bolt, but they used a bolt and washer to hold the steering wheel on.

Dash out. Now on to cleaning up the mess.

By 95DXHatch
#358493 Wow, thank God you found that stuff. I can't believe what people do to their cars. Do they not realize this stuff could literally kill future owners?
By Gustavo
95DXHatch wrote:Wow, thank God you found that stuff. I can't believe what people do to their cars. Do they not realize this stuff could literally kill future owners?

Exactly. That's why I always check everything. I never take the previous owners word. On this hatch the alternator bolts were loose, the bolts on one of the motor mounts were loose, the dizzy bolts were loose, and other things as well. Everything I mentioned was removed with my fingers no tools at all.
By teal_dx
#358510 Unfortunately, These cars aren't too expensive so a lot of people think it's ok to half-ass things on them. :?:
By Gustavo
teal_dx wrote:Unfortunately, These cars aren't too expensive so a lot of people think it's ok to half-ass things on them. :?:

I don't understand people who half ass on stuff. It just causes more problems down the road.
By Gustavo
#358560 Decided to get a brush and do some work on the engine bay. The only spot I'm having problems with is the area where the battery sits. I will get some red scotch-brite pads and try to clean up that area some more. I will also be taking the rack and pinion out along with the front subframe so I can clean it up and get it powder coated. Here are some pics.