Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Scottyboiboi
#343245 Hello forum, thought i would follow the trend and start a project thread. I've given myself a timescale of 4-5 years to complete this to my exact spec. I bought this car in may 2013 from a girl who is also passionate about her civic's so it gave me a good starting point. Mostly because it has already had the b16a2 conversion done. it's an L reg (93) eg5 hatch, made in japan and brought to uk for sale i believe. I plan to keep you all updated on my progress and no doubt i'll need your help along the way:P Anyways here is some pictures in order from when i got her until now.

As i got her...

Wanted to change that old parcel shelf for something i thought looks good

New windscreen as it failed the M.O.T.

Some more goodies under the bonnet at this point, Skunk 2 alpha series radiator, carbon fibre spark plug cover.

When i got the car the gearbox was never in the best condition as 2nd gear always liked to crunch, s9b lsd box. Instead of replacing it i'm getting an s80 box with 4.7 f.d. but not just that, i'm replacing the entire transmission:)

Skunk 2 short shifter

Fidanza lightened flywheel + gear rod bushings

Exedy stage 1 clutch

Spoon sports gear rod

Hel performance clutch line with new clutch master+slave cylinders

Don't have the new gearbox yet but it will be bought in a few weeks time. Keep an eye on this thread to see my progress. Here is a few more shots of my car for now. You'll notice rust and paint flaking in some of these but that's been noted;)

Hope you like it and i'll keep you posted as much as i can.[/img]
By jefferydclark
#343739 good luck with your build man!
By Scottyboiboi
#343744 Thanks man, Just bought new driveshafts and an s80 4.7 gearbox. Pics will be up when they arrive:)
By Scottyboiboi
#343776 That's the new driveshafts, driveshaft seals, flywheel bolts and gearbox oil here:)

By m578elb
#344424 Nice car man, I'm in uk as well and I have a project going on ... Eg4 import :) keep going cuz your car is amazing .
By Scottyboiboi
#344525 Thanks man, good to see some more people from the uk:) have you posted any pictures of your eg4?
By m578elb
#344535 Not yet, i need to fix my pc so i can upload the photos... But i don't have time cuz I try to respray some e30 wheels...bbs 15x7j.
By piratevtis86
#344710 looks good for a 92 bud, u wanna try and preserve them arches for sure, good to see uk members too :D
By Scottyboiboi
#344727 Ye the body is starting to show signs of aging now. I have come to the conclusion though that i am going to use this shell as a daily driver while i spend money on transmission, suspension, exhaust, engine etc... Then when all that is done i will get a clean shell and start from scratch, get it properly treated, sealed and sprayed then have everything swapped over. It's gonna be a long project but it's my daily driver as well as my show car/drag car. Keep watching this space:P

Thanks Teal i hope to one day get ROTM:)
By Loaf31
#344741 Right on ya mate! In for this! :thumb:
By Scottyboiboi
#345195 Gearbox swap went ahead on Saturday :) here is some photo's from the work that went down.

The gearbox it's self - S80 4.7 f.d.

Hard at work

Some of the parts that were installed

out with the old...

Fidanza lightened flywheel

exedy stage 1 clutch

Hel performance clutch line with new clutch master and slave cylinders

JDM Password gearknob on a skunk 2 short shifter

All done:)

Other parts that were installed were tegiwa driveshafts and spoon gear rod with poly bushes.
By m578elb
#345196 Good job man, how's the acceleration now?, I'm thinking, should I skim my flywheel or buy a light one :headscratch: , because I wanna install a d series over a d series , the only issue I have is that I need to convert from carb to fuel injected , pain!