Post YOUR Hatchback here
By AutoXRacer
#326562 Well a few of my friends have been telling me to make a thread about the story of the car and what has been done up to this point and what my plans are. . . . so here it goes.

I will add pictures once I am free to upload my pictures. =)

A buddy (Bartender) I use to work with had this Black 93' EG Hatch for a few years in his family. One day he came to work in a brand spankin' new 2012 Chevy Camaro. Long story short, he for one is not mechanically inclined what-so-ever. He told me that he was driving down the street and the whole transmission just stopped working, he couldn't shift gears, push the clutch, . . . nothing.

He didn't feel like paying someone to fix a beater so he had it towed back to his garage and left it. I have wanted one of these things for a long time so I knew I was going to buy it from him. . . . but for how much. I spoke with him for about an hour and he decided that he didn't give a fuck about it so he wanted $50!!!!!!

I fucking grabbed my wallet and handed him that shit ASAP! Grabbed a UHAUL Transport and brought it to my garage. A little tinkering and research over the car and BAM! Runs like new.

Dumbass never kept up the brake fluid and ran out! I told him the next day and he was like wow, oh well. lol

So I picked up a decent looking EG with a little rust for $50. STOKED ON LIFE!

So now its my turn.
How it look when I brought her home:

I drove the car for maybe a week and the head gasket blew on me, my buddy never kept any maintenance on the car what so ever.

So I ordered a new head gasket from my friends at partsource. Love getting AT-COST! =) Fixed that shit in like 2 hours. Back on the road.

Maybe a month later the motor blew up, but thats what you get for a 415+K D15B7. Haha. Went to Pick-N-Pull and picked up another D15B7 for now.

I just had to buy more. went to Pick-N-Pull just to take a peek around, and happened to find myself a 94' Smashed Teggy with KYB Coilovers with Spoon Springs, and a Catback Apexi N1 Exhaust. $125 later I walked out. =)

Ordered myself some JDM LCA's, Front & Rear Adjustable Cambers.

Picked up a Type R Front Lip and Type R Rear Lip, Spoon Duckbill Spoiler, and Dual Halo 1-Piece TYC Headlights off of a fellow beyonder.

Picked up an 11" Rally Steering Wheel and Hub Adaptor, and a triple pillar gauge with 52mm Autometer Oil Temp, Water Temp and Volt Meter, Black and Red Stitch Shift Boot, Skunk 2 Dual Bend Short Throw, and a Carbon Fiber Shift Knob.

Bought a set of 17" Motegi Racing R7's to roll around in other then the steeliness.

Thought of a color scheme and went with Neon Green for the Lip Kit and Spoiler.

Drove it like that for awhile and didn't like how Big the 17" was, do I found a set of 15" Silver Core Racing Sevens, and instantly grabbed some handy-dandy Plasti-Dip and blacked them out with some green accents for the touch.

Was kind of pissing me off that the halos on the headlights would not work and the headlights were pretty beat up themselves, so guess what. . . . NEW SET! Also bought a Supernova H3 8000K HID Kit that came with some FREE Audi Style Driving Lights.

Mounted and Look Mean! =)

And I have been driving it like that for about a year now and feel that I want to do some extensive modding over the 2012-2013 Winter Season.

Picked myself up a sexy 6-Point Roll Cage off a fellow beyonder and painted it Neon Green to match! Picked up a 5 Panel Wink Mirror off a different beyonder.

Taking the entire interior out to change it from that ugly greyish interior and dye it all OEM Black. will look minty fresh.

UPDATE: Got all the interior Panels Painted Gloss OEM Black!

Hoping to do a complete Wire Tuck, Engine Shave, and plenty other things.

Picked up a set on De-Branded FRP Bucket Race Seats

Planning on ordering a set of new Pistons, Rings, Valves, Retainers, Springs, the whole damn works for the B.

And maybe. . just maybe if I come up with the funds, since my newly born baby girl Serenity takes up the wallet now. I may turbo the B.

But we will see.

Also picked up a SWEET Pair of D2S Morimoto Bi-Xenon Retrofit headlights from our good friend Mitch6. Thanks again.

Also picked up a JDM EG6 Projector Fog Light Kit for $20 locally in Calgary!

Currently ordering some rear quarter panels and going to tackle that next, ordering a block plug since I am deleting the rear wiper assembly. Ordering some smoked JDM Amber Corners and Stanley smoked Side Markers. Then I am going to Vinyl Wrap the whole car in High Gloss Black. I am not a big fan of the Matte like Mitch6's ride, but damn he did a good job. May call you soon buddy to give me a hand!. haha I also got started on the wire tuck.

But this is how she sits for now until my rear quarters come in, minus the headlights:

Debating on picking this up and fixing it, guy is selling it for $150. COMMENTS?

That is all for now, Will keep everyone updated on what happens and what else goes in. But in the Meantime, here is a List of everything I can think of.

Thanks for reading!
Give me some feedback and thought of what other things I could do.

Updated List As Of January 9th, 2015

Engine:

96 USDM GSR B18C
AEM Tru-Time Cam Gears
Integra Type R Valvesprings & Seals
3-Way Port & Polish
Gates Racing Timing Belt
NGK Heat Range 7 Spark Plugs
MSD Wires
Drop Engineering Motor Mounts
Drop Engineering Transmission Mount
Painted Valve Cover
Billet Aluminum Oil Filler Cap
K&N Valve Cover Breather Filter
Mobil 1 5W30 Full Synthetic Oil
Integra Type R DC2 Intake Manifold
AEM Black Series Fuel Rail
Hondata Intake Gasket
B&M Fuel Pressure Controller & Gauge
Hondata Metal Plate Head Gasket
Wiseco Low Compression 81mm 8.9:1 Pistons
ACL Race Bearings
Eagle Connecting Rods
Supertech Block Guard
Type R Crankshaft

Transmission:

Integra Type R DC2 LSD S80 Transmission
ACT Heavy Duty Pressure Plate
ACT Stage 2 Clutch
TCC-R Shortshifter
TCC-R Lightened Flywheel
Mobil 1 LSD Oil

Turbo Kit:

CT26 Toyota Supra Turbo
- CNC'd CT26 to T3 Adaptor Plate
- CNC'd Exhaust Outlet Flange
- 2.5" V-Band Flange & Clamp being welded on the turbo exhaust outlet
- Titanium Heat Blanket
- K&N Slim Air Filter
- 10AN Oil Drain Line & Fittings
- 4AN Oil Feed Line & Fittings
- 4AN Coolant Line & Fittings

FullRace T3 Top Mount Turbo Manifold
- Almost Brand New 2000km Used

Tial 38mm V-Band Wastegate & Custom Welded Dump Tube
- V-Band Clamps on both Wastegate & Dumptube Sides
- Current 7PSI Spring
- Additional 10 PSI Spring

2.5" EBay Downpipe
- Intend to weld V-Band Flange & Clamp to mount to Turbo
- Have to custom make to fit properly still.

Chipped P61 OBD1 ECU
- Chipped with a SST 27SF512 Re-Burnable Chip
- Currently with a P30 Basemap
- All Sensors Working
- Soldered in Zero Force Insertion (ZFI) Socket for easy chip removal
- All Main Capacitors Replaced
- All Professionally Done

BLITZ Super Sound BOV
- Has two outlet attachments, one filter and the other is open
- 2 Springs, One for soft and both for hard
- Brand New
- Missing Vacuum Line

EBay Intercooler
- Painted Flat Black

2.5" Charge Piping
- Professionally PowderCoated Black

Stage 1 Snow Performance Methanol Injection Kit
- Switched Solenoid to shut off
- Brand New In Box

440cc DSM Injectors
- Pigtails Included

52mm Prosport Evo Digital Boost Gauge
- With Sending Unit

Miscellaneous Parts
- VMS Mechanical Liquid Filled Fuel Pressure Gauge
- NGK 7 Heat Range Spark Plugs
- Oil Pressure Sending Adaptor for Oil Feed to Turbo
- 10ft of 4AN Stainless Steel Line
- 3ft of 10AN Stainless Steel Line
- Titanium Heat Wrap for Downpipe
- Weldable Bung for Oil Pan
- 2 Weldable Bungs for Downpipe, O2 and Wideband

Engine Bay:

Russel Black AN Inline Fuel Filter Kit
SS Braided Clutch Line (Master to Slave)
Black AN Power Steering Delete Loop Kit
To Order:S2000 Clutch Master Kit
Battery Relocation Kit
Fuse Box Relocation
Engine Harness Tuck
Headlight Harness Tuck
Shaved & Welded Engine Bay
Carbon Fibre Hood Struts

Body:

To Order:VIS Carbon Fibre Hood
To Order:BYS Carbon Fibre Front Lip
Retrofit D2S Morimoto Bixenon Headlights.
Phillips D2S 85122+ 4300K HID
JDM Fog Lights
H3 3000K HID
Blacked-Out Taillights (For Now)
To Order:BYS Carbon Fibre Spoiler
Front & Rear EGR Racing Tow Hooks
Brand New Rear Quarter Panels (Rust Delete)
Antenna Delete
Hood Pins

Wheels & Tires:

To Order: 16X8 Avid.1 AV-05 (BBS Reps)
To Order: Toyo Proxes R1R 185/45R16
To Order: BWR Open End Lug Nuts
To Order: ARP Extended Wheel Studs

Suspension:

Full 96 Spec Type R 4x114.3 Disk Conversion Kit
To Order: Function & Form Type 2 Coilovers (10kg Front & 8kg Rear)
Energy Suspensions PU Bushings Master Kit
Mugen Front Upper Strut Bar
Type R Rear Strut Bar
Type R C-Pillar Bar
GODSPEED Front Upper Control Arms
GODSPEED Rear LCA's
GODSPEED Rear Camber Kit
Aluminum Rear Subframe Brace
Aluminum Lower Tie Bar
24mm Progressive Rear Sway Bar

Exhaust:

Apexi N1 2.5" Catback
Cat Delete

Interior:

De-Branded FRP Bucket Race Seats
3 Pod A-Pillar Gauge Holder
ADD W1 52mm Digital Oil Pressure Gauge
ADD W1 52mm Digital Oil Temp Gauge
ADD W1 52mm Digital Boost Gauge
ADD W1 52mm Digital Water Temp Gauge
ADD W1 52mm Digital Air/Fuel Gauge
11" Rally Steering Wheel
NRG Black Short Hub Adaptor
NRG Black V2.0 Quick Release
Carbon Fiber Shift Knob
Black & Red Stitch Shift Boot
AutoPower 6-Point Weld-In Roll Cage
Rear Interior Removed
5 Panel Wink Mirror
Stereo & All Wiring Removed.
Rear Wire Tuck
Last edited by AutoXRacer on Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:47 am, edited 21 times in total.
By Civic_HatchSI
#326574 Defiantly a good start for a great project car. $50 bucks you cant go wrong that's for sure.

Welcome to the forum, good luck with your b series build :thumb:
By AutoXRacer
#326615 Yeah I was thinking it might be a little steep for that hood, but its in some rough shape but I was just planning on fixing it a little and then wrapping it anyways. I have always wanted that style hood, never able to find one though.

And yes I will be taking it to shows and autoxing it next season, only shitty thing is since the city destroyed our track out here, the closest one I have is 350km away.

And yes it was gloss black duplicolor vinyl and fabric. I did my buddies interior in flat black and it turned out really close to OEM, so I went with gloss to see how it will turn out.
By AutoXRacer
#327294 UPDATE!
Got this at my front door this morning! Yay!

Those will make my retrofits just pop. =P
By AutoXRacer
#327402 UPDATE!!!!!!

Finally they came in! :woot: :woot: :woot:

Now to go to the garage and start on this gigantic project!
Yay for no rust :woot:
By AutoXRacer
#327460 Haha yeah me neither, I have has this car for over 3 years now and I don't make a ton of money, but all the little things count to me!

I hope to boost soon, but with my baby girl in the home now I don't get too much money to throw around. Lol

I have looked over both of your builds and you two are the biggest inspirations on here. I am so jealous of both your cars! =) :jawdrop:

And thanks, I wanted to go smoke corners and side markers because it suits black way better, and with those headlights it will compliment very nicely. =)
By AutoXRacer
#327526 UPDATE again! =)

Mocked up the headlight and corner combo to see how it looks, awwww yeah! =)
And finally got around to pulling out the D15B7 to start on the full wire tuck and engine bay shave. Hopefully should take too long. Removing the power steering and relocating the fuse box into the cabin and relocating the battery either by the fender and mock up a battery tray or relocating inside the caning between the passenger seat and the roll cage. Any comments?

Also took pictures of my OEM EG Fogs. Going to paint the covers black to match the car. Look stealthy.

Going to paint the floor in the rear hatch since it was all scratched up and stuff, make it look minty fresh and then start the rear quarter panel cut out.

By AutoXRacer
#327527 If I knew how to put a poll up I would but here is the biggest debate I have going on in my mind at the moment! And I need your guys opinions!

I am debating on since I am doing a wire tuck and shaved engine bay, should I paint it OEM Honda Gloss Black, or should I match colour just to make it stand out and go with Grabber Green to match the lips and cage?!

Give me your thought everybody!
By AutoXRacer
#328234 Couldn't get around to the garage this weekend, lots of things going on at the house lately. Hopefully I willbe able to get 2 out of my 4 days off to start my quarter panels, and continue on my wire tuck and engine shave.