Post YOUR Hatchback here
By poorman type-r
#326157 Alright so I haven't been on here in quite a while... :thumbdown:

I've been busy with work and personal things that have distracted me from visiting this site.

To my main request: There is a guy at my work selling his EG before he moves out of state. It is a CX model hatch, not sure about the year of it though. The guy says he wants $2,000 for it, but I am thinking I should offer $1,500 max because of the shape it's in. (cosmetic wise).

Here are two pics that I took of it:

As you can tell the whole front clip is faded and along the driver side fender to the quarter panel has dents which are hard to tell by the pics but believe me they aren't just little door dings. Engine wise, it's the stock B8 with 131,000 on it. He says he averages around 39ish which sounds about right. The car runs fine and has leather interior...? I was sort of confused because I didn't know this model came with all leather interior. He said he didn't replace the interior so maybe the guy before him who owned it. Anyways, let me know what you guys think and what I should offer. KBB (Kelly Blue Book) lists this car at $1,700 in excellent condition)
By MG6
#326159 no way for 2k. 1500 is enough but if you like it, we can't stop you.

as for the leather interior. Is it ripping on the seats? Must be a swap or uphol. And the spoon wing or fake?
By poorman type-r
MG6 wrote:no way for 2k. 1500 is enough but if you like it, we can't stop you.

as for the leather interior. Is it ripping on the seats? Must be a swap or uphol. And the spoon wing or fake?

Carbon fiber Spoon replica wing, just faded. No rips in the interior. Well maintained inside. It's the exterior that is going to cost a pretty penny to fix.
By thenewvessel
poorman type-r wrote:

Carbon fiber Spoon replica wing, just faded. No rips in the interior. Well maintained inside. It's the exterior that is going to cost a pretty penny to fix.

Seems nice in the pics as long as you know how to fix those dents and paint issues. As far as the interior goes, more than likely is a GSR leather swap which would be nice considering its in good condition.

IMO, before making a decision, as for some engine, interior, and undercarriage shots to help with a firm decision :thumb:

Were here to help :D
By poorman type-r
thenewvessel wrote:
poorman type-r wrote:

Seems nice in the pics as long as you know how to fix those dents and paint issues. As far as the interior goes, more than likely is a GSR leather swap which would be nice considering its in good condition.

IMO, before making a decision, as for some engine, interior, and undercarriage shots to help with a firm decision :thumb:

Were here to help :D

I will take some more pics if he takes it to work today. I'm going to have to get a friend to do the body which is going to run me at least $1000 - $1500...
By familyEGuy23
#326197 I think the interior your referring to is pleather, is it black or more of a navy blue?
I've seen some at the junkyard and was confused until I took a closer look at the material its like plastic leather, hence pleather. I would do $1500 nothing more, if you work your magic maybe get it for $1300 :hehe:
By thenewvessel
#326206 Yeah $1300-$1400 sounds more reasonable considering your spending wayyy too much for the body work lol. Have your mechanic or friend give you an estimated quote on paper and show him when you throw him a counter offer. That will more than likely get you the car, especially considering the only issues are cosmetic.
By Civic_HatchSI
#326217 Defiantly not worth the asking price, considering its a stock cx model. Your going to have to paint it and probably do body work from what I can tell. I would offer max $1000 imo.

vx rims are pretty sweet tho :thumb:
By JUICE
#326230 I've seen other cx's with the pleather..

I bet dude could get $2k no problem with that one small detail.. 39 MPG
By poorman type-r
#326235 Yeah its more of a dark grey. I thought it was tan at first, I was mistaken.

He is moving next week and can't afford to take the car with him so if he turns down my offer than he will have to find another serious buyer in a couple days to come and take it. That is a bit risky on his part. On top of the cosmetic stuff the registration is due and I'm sure I will have to get it smogged.

I'm thinking 1300, maybe 1400 max.
By poorman type-r
#326405 So I have been sick for the past few days and haven't been able to talk to the guy, but I went back to work today and we worked out a deal. $1500, and he pays for the registration. The project with begin shortly. :thumb:
By madhatchride
#326412 well if hes moving out of state id wait a little and offer him even less cause obviously he doesnt want to take it with him.
By poorman type-r
#326568 So i picked up the car today but I have a question..

The car makes a weird noise when accelerating, it seems to get louder the higher my RPM's go. It sounds like a grinding noise or like plastic is rubbing against the tire (There is no plastic rubbing fyi, just using it as an example of the noise), but the noise goes away once I push in the clutch... What do you guys think it is? :?

Anyways, I like the hatch and I am happy that I finally have one!!! I will soon be trying to put some money into it. Also got a quote for bodywork and paint. $1500 - $1600.
By juls1488
poorman type-r wrote:So i picked up the car today but I have a question..

The car makes a weird noise when accelerating, it seems to get louder the higher my RPM's go. It sounds like a grinding noise or like plastic is rubbing against the tire (There is no plastic rubbing fyi, just using it as an example of the noise), but the noise goes away once I push in the clutch... What do you guys think it is? :?

Anyways, I like the hatch and I am happy that I finally have one!!! I will soon be trying to put some money into it. Also got a quote for bodywork and paint. $1500 - $1600.

input shaft bearing?
for comparison.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLFV4GnZbRo