Post YOUR Hatchback here
By meatsheets
#305287 Hey guys,

This is my 92 Honda civic si. I bought her about a year ago, and the first day i bought it the fuel pump died out. :x

This is a few days after i bought my car.

After I fixed that, about 3 months later some d**chbags decided to break into my car and take my AEM cold air intake, Header, headlights (they were nice one piece), my strut bar, CD player, and some other stuff. :x Luckily they decided to leave my 1500 dollar bike that was in the trunk. :)

Woke up and went to go to work and saw this. :x

Cold Air Intake is gone, as is the strut bar :(

I think they tried to steal my bumper for my si lip as well, but i dont think they could get it off. But they did rip the holes on both side of the bumper where it connects to the fender.

While my car was sitting I decided to paint it flat black. It doesn't look too great, but it is a lot better then the primer it was painted. I was broke at the time (and still am) so I had to save some money, so i was force to buy some crappy parts off ebay.. :thumbdown:

After I painted my car.

A few months ago, I replaced my rear supsension bushings. They were all pretty much rotted out.

Specs:
Engine:
Stock D16Z6
Home made Cold Air intake w/ AEM filter
Egay header :thumbdown:
DC sport exhaust

Suspension:
Lowered on stock struts w/ Egay coilover sleeves :( (came when i bought it)
New hardrace bushings

Exterior:
Flat Black Paint job
Blue rims off an older Nissan
Egay one piece Headlights

Interior:
Pretty much stock right now

Plans:
Engine:
Rebuild the z6 or do a B-series swap? Opinions?
Semi tuck engine bay
Shave engine bay
New headers
Loop power steering line

Suspension:
Tokio Yellows w/ Ground Controls
New CV axles
Rebuy strut bar
Swaybar/subframe
new tie rods

Interior:
Paint dash and panels
I am in the middle of reupholster Del Sol Seats
Prelude center console swap

Exterior:
OEM headlights
Paint gloss Black or a Dark Gray
Would like to get new rims but i am poor as fck

If anyone is selling anything that I need (headlights, headers, ect) let me know :)

This is going to be a slow build. I am a broke college student (going for mechanical engineering at SUNY IT) . So bare with me! I am also a "professional" BMX bike rider (I ride for Coalition BMX). This is my first car that I have worked on and have learned a lot so far. I will be posting more pics tomorrow. Thanks for looking.
By FG2_Andrew
#305292 Please do not paint the interior!!!!!!!!

But looks like a decent starting point! Glwb
By meatsheets
#305293 I was going to use the sem paint. I read up on it and it has gotten really good reviews. Some people swear by it
By FG2_Andrew
#305297 Nothing to do with the paint itself. I just HATE painted interior pieces.
By 95kuope
#305301 yeah i agree painted intrior pieces are so 1990's

i might be able to help u with the headlights & corners i have my OEM ones PM me price.
By meatsheets
#305305 Yeah I could imagine. I was just going to do it flat black. It would looks sweet. And I plan on recovering the headliner.
By meatsheets
#318591 Its been a while since i updated here. But I finally had some extra money so i decided to paint my car. I am just going to be doing gloss black.

I also wanted to fix some rust on the car, and also wanted to see how bad the previous owner messed this car up.. Ill let the pictures show you what I am talking about..

There are pretty big gaps for the gas tank door.

Inside the gas tank door. All rusted and rotted out.

Its been raining a lot in NY, and my car flooded..

So I took the interior panels and carpet out to find this:

I removed as much of the foam as I could.

And the panels that the person welded in are already starting to rust...

I started to sand. And sand.. and sand.. More and more body filler came off. So i got a wire wheel and went to town. Its kind of hard to see but the person who welded the panels on didnt take his time and caused the panels to warp..

Anyone know how to get the massive dent out? It runs all the way down the weld.. I was thinking just take a sheet metal and cover the dent? I definitely dont want to fill it back up with body filler.
By 92civicEGsedan
#318599 A finishing hammer or a dent puller I had a huge dent on my truck and I used a plunger on it and it semi worked :thumb:
By hirg
#318629 good luck brother!
By meatsheets
92civicEGsedan wrote:A finishing hammer or a dent puller I had a huge dent on my truck and I used a plunger on it and it semi worked :thumb:

Haha, i might try the plunger idea just for the hell of it. I am doing sanding the other side today.. Im scared. :cry:
By meatsheets
hirg wrote:good luck brother!

Thanks dude! :thumb:
By meatsheets
teal_dx wrote:You have a lot of work ahead of you but i'm glad that someone is bringing this car back to where it deserves to be

Thanks Teal, I love this car, and to be honest this is the first car I've ever put any money into or ever worked on. Haha. Ive learned a lot so far and its awesome.
By meatsheets
#318745 So I finally have some GOOD NEWS!!
And I'm sorry for the crappy pictures.. My camera sucks..

So with a little persuasion from this guy (a crappy plastic mallet from harbor freight) I got somewhere with the body. :woot: :woot: :woot:
I figured I couldnt mess it up much then it already is, so I went for it.

Its not perfect, not close, but it is going to be a lot easier to work with, and is going to save me a lot of time. I chipped away some welds, but I just bought a Lincoln mig welder :)
And the passenger side was not as bad as the driver. But still pretty bad. So I am going to try to do the same thing with this side.

Also picked these up. :hehe:

Bought them for $350. The dudes selling them couldnt find anyone to buy them cause they were for type r lower control arms, and they didnt know that, until I said something. So they gave me a deal. Cant wait to put them on.