Post YOUR Hatchback here
By phatboycrxhf
#238796 hey guys im new to the fourm and thought id share my previous projects and whats going on now
Last edited by phatboycrxhf on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
By phatboycrxhf
#238797 hate it or love it ,this is what ive done in the past
87 civic hatch trailer

92 prelude

1990 da fully shaved with rsx tails and blah blah blah

my 85 crx hf with all metal doors and skirts d15a3 swapped with bolt ons

my 1990 crx dx obd1 b17a1 brake line tuck,shaved bay ,fender flares blah blah blah (my batmobile)

this one is on the back burner as we do the 1992 hatch pics of that right away
my fit (daily driver)
By phatboycrxhf
#238805 so a little info on the car ,1992 hatch cx with VX swap rebuilt status (white panels now) were rusted and the car was pulled off the road untill brought upto the standards of Manitoba canada haha

i had plans of doing the basic bodywork paint and B18b on it ,when it became parked quick after picking up my 98si which needed my attention asap.So the car sat for about a year and after breaking up with my girlfriend of a few years i got a new girl,she was in the market for a new car and liked what ive been doing with my other cars,so i sold her this one for 2200 with a fresh saftey.My Gf is into cars and loves to wrench and wanted to use this car as a canvas to learn on and have fun with,so anyways here is the process of what we have done and where we are at now

we stripped the car of the tired and blown vx d15z1(popped on the drive home haha) and got to work on the bodywork needed

bringing the swap home (d16y8 from a 1998 el with si trans and 4 1 header
happy halloween
new toy :)
lifting weights
riding a donkey
MONSTER WAGON and BATMOBILE chillin

now the fun stuff tinted purple corner lights
and the door jambs

batmobile engine bay

one drunkin night we pushed the hatch to the car wash in the middle of the night and pressure washed the bay
honda monkey
blue hair and baby vans

its winter and the crx is outside :(

lets clean the y8

wth happened here
By phatboycrxhf
elrompetoto wrote:nice u got body man skills thats what up

lol little bit,but most think the direction i go with my projects is a bit off or riced,but meh whatever i do my thing and have fun doing it,cool thing is my chick has been right in there with me,its crazy,ive never seen a girl get into the grease like this haha

so the engine and trans is now in the car ,but i have to get a engine harness from the city and a d15 dizzy,i got a z6 one on there now,but it only bolts up upside downlol .the d15z1 engine harness just wont work with the y8 engine and i dont feel like cutting and soldering the proper plugs ,which is pretty much all the sensors except a hand full i guess

let me know what you guys think...car is being build for my girl and is being build by both of us ...we call it the MONSTER mobile hehe
By chnzgoofball
#238809 :shock: wow your the most colorful engine and engine bay ive ever seen done :thumb:
By teal_dx
#238811 you're insane and so is your build... I love it :woot:

Props to people who do what ever they want to their car w/o thinking once what anyone else will say about it :thumb:

Nice fab skillz too, especially that wide body CRX. I wanna see more of that beast :hehe:
By ghskid06
#238821 looks like you have fun with it, thats all that matters. The engine bay is pretty sweet. Keep us updated.
By phatboycrxhf
#238823 oh i forgot my old school crx haha what got me into hondas back in the day ....

i call it two face
then to this
and then to this
mugen replica spoiler (all metal)
and now this
By phatboycrxhf
chnzgoofball wrote::shock: wow your the most colorful engine and engine bay ive ever seen done :thumb:

haha yeah my girl wanted to do like splashes of paint all over the bay,but i told her that would be alot of wetsanding and this would look neater.i saw a couple bays like this and always digged it ;)
By phatboycrxhf
teal_dx wrote:you're insane and so is your build... I love it :woot:

Props to people who do what ever they want to their car w/o thinking once what anyone else will say about it :thumb:

Nice fab skillz too, especially that wide body CRX. I wanna see more of that beast :hehe:

lol you're not the first to say that i'm a bit loonie and i'm not going to disagree with you haha

the way i look at it is i can spend my money on whatever trend is in at the moment and wait for parts to come from where ever i find the rare stuff at, or i can just start cutting sh*t up an see what i can make on my own.It may look like something that was done before,but it always have my own flavour to it,ya know :thumb:

as for haters,there is always going to be some and the thing i like most is that the haters watch the build just as much as the people who like it haha... :woot:

and thanks,ive been with cars since 1999 or so i'm 24 now ,i havent taken any classes or anything for what ive done,pretty much just trial and error and i learn something new everyday
By phatboycrxhf
ghskid06 wrote:looks like you have fun with it, thats all that matters. The engine bay is pretty sweet. Keep us updated.

tons :woot: and yeah for sure i'll post as much as i can on the hatch...not much going on with it at the moment,just putting the stuff back in the bay,cleaning parts as i go and leaving the engine harness untill later haha...

here is my build on the crx ,its pretty neat ,take a look see if you want
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2728422
By slow_learner456
#238835 the hatches engine bay is absolutely epic :thumb: