Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By Classiccarsrule85
#63963 Well I am planning on putting a cluster I recently just bought from my junkyard....out of a 2003 honda civic lx (it only had minor front end damage but yea sad) anyways I bought the cluster clipped the wires behind it and now ive found a pin out for it as well so I am pretty much on my way to getting her in there.

I right now have a 96-00 cluster with eurolite blue c/f guages in my 95 hatch So i thought I might upgrade was going to go with the S2000 cluster but cant find one with the plugs so ohh well 2003 cluster it is if all the wires are there on the other 2 plugs....

So this will be my thread to show the progess that I am on etc etc...

So let me know if im crazy lol or what not I think it will be more functional and I just plain dont like the eg cluster dont know whats wrong with it just dont like it....

Pics comming up tonight of cluster and thats pretty much it as of right now.
By Classiccarsrule85
#63986 Well I have been doing some hefty research. and it seems very possible emailed a couple people on civicforum.com to get some pinout info but they already posted what all the wires are for so I got that

GREEN Connector:

Blue: From ECM/PCM, Tach input signal
White/Red: Constant 12 v +
Yellow: Switched 12V+
Blue/White: From ECM/PCM And VSS input signal
Yellow/Black: From fuel level sending unit
White/Green: From multiplex control unit
Black: Ground
Pink: (Canada Vehicles only) Washer fluid level switch
White/Blue: (Canada Vehicles only) DRL Control unit
Black/Yellow: Security control unit
Blue/Yellow: Cruise control unit
Pink/Blue: OPDS unit (Side airbags)

BLUE Connector:

Black: Ground
green/orange: From ECM/PCM
Blue/Red: From ABS Control unit
Pink: From SRS unit
Red/Black: Supplies 12V+ for dash backlights
Red: Supplies switched ground for dash lights
Green/Red: Left turn signal indicator
Green/Yellow: Right turn signal indicator
Red/Blue: Combination light switch
Blue/Orange: Immobilizer control unit
Red/Yellow: From no 15 fuse under hood
White/Red: From no 9 fuse under hood
Yellow/Red: From oil pres switch
By Classiccarsrule85
#63987 And I will be using the same DIY someone posted on honda tech that I used to install the 96-00 cluster into my civic.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1053318

But here are some pictures of the cluster I bought (and yes I know its an auto but heck this dosent come round very often....)

(hey look no bulbs)^

and the plugsins I am going to try and start labeling soon and keep an eye out for anything that might not work correctly because you definately dont want to be doing it and find out heck this wont work at all in here....

But yea I see i wont need a dimmer switch since it has its own little dimmer.
By Classiccarsrule85
#64038 Well If you are watching this thread I have ran into my first problem the wire colors and amount on each plug according to the 2 websites the information for the 03 cluster are wrong for the most part....So I am going to either have to find a book or something or try and find another pin out site etc etc.... So right now more research needs to be done it seems very possible though the fuses may be different (I am going to try and figure if I can still do it....
By Classiccarsrule85
#64346 well ran into some troubles today....though its not going to really stop me from making this think work in my car....but yea heres the scoop....its a tad too big for the cluster area of my hatch im first gonna see if i cant get it working correctly then start cutting it and stuff to make if fit.

this way ill know if its possible and stuff......(tomarrow might be the day i try)