Snow, Beer, Sports... and some of the finest EG's in the Midwest.
By teal_dx
#42019 Even year cars have to get e-checked on even years, odd year cars have to get checked on odd years. My civic is a 1992. So it is 2008 so I should have to get it checked this year.

But when I had it in 1000 pieces & couldn't drive it, I never got it checked in 2006. Therefore I couldn't renew the tags since I didn't have the echeck pass. So the plates expired. I got the car running in 2007 and had to buy 30 day tags, then pass e-check, then I got new plates.

Damn the system :roll:

Anyways, So since it passed e-check last year, will I have to get it checked again this year?
If so I'll hold off on installing the turbo for a while.
I think I should be clear untill 2010 but want to know if anyone knows how this ohio e-check BS works before I go through all the trouble of installing the turbo.
By york62
#42045 I cant really help you with your question, but i have a question, is an E-check, the same as an inspection?
By teal_dx
#42047 All they care about is emissions. I took my HX there with the blown airbag ripped out when I first got it and it passed with flying colors :lol:
I took my EG in completely gutted, shaved & tucked and they thought it was cool :D As long as it isn't polluting and you don't have a check engine light, you're good for e-check.
They used to open your hood but they don't even do that anymore.
By ohDirka
#42048 pretty sure you wont have to get one this year.

and the best place to go for it in medina county is the spencer e-check on 162. Ive never had a single problem passing and Ive never had to wait in line.
Last edited by ohDirka on Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
By BAXTER_EJ1
york62 wrote:I cant really help you with your question, but i have a question, is an E-check, the same as an inspection?

Inspection is Safety, and no they aren't the same. In Canada your car has to be safetied AND e-tested before you can register and license it.

In Canada the e-test schedules are about exactly the same as Teal was saying, as far as I know.
By teal_dx
#42051 shit I just realized that I'm moving to a different county this year... Most likely Lorain. I'll have to see if they have E-check there. I know Wayne county doesn't have it where you're from Dirk :woot:
By ohDirka
#42052 I lived in Medina county for 17 years. lol.
By ohDirka
#42055 my guess is that Lorain does b/c according to the e-check website there is 2 testing facilities in the county