General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By fhukingviet
#114045 Suddenly driving lately, when im holding in on the clutch or about nearly pushing it into gear, it makes a hissing sound... anyclue on whats going on? also when i looked under today, a really black oil or fluid type is leaking off the flywheel cover... what can i do to stop it, it looks alot different then the motor oil , can it be brake fluid or power steering fluid...? this is a d16z6 thanks
By teal_dx
#114057 it could be your slave cyl leaking, old clutch fluid (brake fluid) looks kind of like old motor oil but more black instead of brown. Although, I think it would be more likely to leak out of the rubber boot on the outside front of the bell housing than from the fly wheel cover.
Your rear main seal could be bad causing motor oil to leak and come out of the flywheel cover.

Could the hissing be a scraping sound? How many miles are on your clutch?
May be the release bearing since it does the sound when you are pushing the clutch pedal down.
By fhukingviet
#114061 is this an expensive fix, the fluid definetely must be the oldclutch fluid since its really black, i changed that out today to some new prestone brake fluid. if it is the rubber boot, would that be easy or the rear main seal,

hissing sound is possibly scraping, when im slightly pushing the shifter up ( not in gear yet but about to be ) it gets louder but once its geared and moving, its all normal... will this be safe to drive and im not sure how many miles are on clutch i bought the car about 3k ~ 4 months ago