General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By teal_dx
#113238 #8 punch and a hammer will get it right out.
Or you can look for a bolt that is the same size and hit that with a hammer and push it out. It may take a few tries...

They call it the "bitch pin" for a good reason :x
By 93civicgsr
#113242 :thumb: thanks teal ur a big help as always

but shuld i pund it through the top or bottom?
if it dont matter ima feel like a dumb ass
By Dippin_EG
#113246 It doesnt matter, but going underneath and punching it up is easier than going over the motor and hitting it down.
Just be careful not to loose it in the engine. :thumb:

And they definitely call it a "bitch pin" for a good reason. :lol:
By 93civicgsr
#113488 thanks guys i finally got the damn thing out i had to go throught the top for lack of hammer swing layin under the car........i had to sacrafice a screw driver to grind it down and fab up a punch :wink:
By marvinp8700
#113500 1/4 inch extension does it every time
By rflindy89
#113531 When I replaced my motor at a buddies house I just said fuck it and unbolted it from the shifter and dropped the motor with it attched. That pin sucks
By BLaCkSiLo
marvinp8700 wrote:1/4 inch extension does it every time

oh really? i did broke a very useful tool doing this a week ago...

oh and Haynes manual says to replace this pin after the first time, is it completely necessary to replace it? being a friction pin and all...
By teal_dx
#117726 it can't cost more than $2 for a piece of mind.

Once I get enough out of the linkage, I usually grab it with a pair of vise grips to pull it the rest of the way out so that probably reduces it's springyness. I replace mine.
By BLaCkSiLo
teal_dx wrote:it can't cost more than $2 for a piece of mind.

Once I get enough out of the linkage, I usually grab it with a pair of vise grips to pull it the rest of the way out so that probably reduces it's springyness. I replace mine.

yeah, i totally agree, it does not cost much but it was an incredibly inconvienant time (Sunday night) to try and get a new one and needed the car. i just pounded it all the way out when i did my steering rack, shouldn't be worried because it went in with seems like the same amount of force to get out.....
By marvinp8700
#117752 i have never replaced one
i've done a swap er two and always use the same one
haven't had a problem yet