General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By leeb18c
#112901 92civic cx, stock motor and tranny..200pluss miles.. i have trouble putting the car into gear when i start the car... so what i do is i put the car into gear and then i start the car.. the car runs fine shifts gears fine..when running..today i did the oil change on the tranny and motor and same thing.. appreciate any hellp...thankz
By teal_dx
#112957 did you change with Honda MTF?
What about trying to go into another gear like 3rd or 2nd, then does it go into 1st easier? or are all gears not going in? Once it's moving does it shift ok?
By leeb18c
#113100 i replace the oil with castrol, ones the car is running it shifts fine in any gear. it only does this when i start it. and its hard to put it in any gear.
By Mr. Pink
#113112 i am unsure what the weight of the fluid is that you used, but it could be that its too thick on a cold start up which doesn't allow it to flow correctly through your trans.
By leeb18c
#113115 my mechanic recomended me 2use castrol40 engine oil..
im no longer living in socal so i do most of the stuff myself,,
By Mr. Pink
#113118 never, never, never use engine oil in your trans. it is way too thick at a cold state to flow correctly. i would recommend swaping the fluid out for Honda MTF as soon as you can.
By leeb18c
#113122 is there any other tranny oils i can use, im baja california and to find a honda dealer, i need to drive like 2hour jajaj layzy but i have a autozone and napa a block away.. thankz
By Mr. Pink
#113124 i am not 100% sure. i havent owned a 5speed trans in years. i have always used HondaMTF but i am sure you could find a comparable fluid.
By leeb18c
#113125 thankzz