General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By 95c1v1c
#93986 I searched the forum, but can't find my situation anywhere. When I take off from a stand still, sometimes there is a hopping of the front of my car when I ease out the clutch. I have to be really careful for it not to happen. I used to be able to drive "lazy" all the time in my old civic, but I really have to shift carefully to avoid the hop. Anyone have the same trouble and possibly a solution? Motor mounts "appear" to be good.
By teal_dx
#93994 almost like a bucking? I'm guessing you're not talking about wheel hop since you are easing out the clutch.

What kind of clutch/flywheel do you have? something like a 6 puck clutch requires more care when trying to do a smooth launch than a stock clutch setup.
By 95c1v1c
#94015 I am running a full stock setup, but it is sort of a bucking action....feels like binding right when it clutches. Any suggestions?
By teal_dx
#94020 did you check the rear motor mount and lower front torque mounts? Those would have a lot more to do with tranny movement than the L&R engine mounts. It's common for the lower front tq mounts to dry rot/break over time, but the rear mount is essential. The whole engine/tranny/linkage/shifter will move if it is bad.
By 95c1v1c
#94024 I never saw any torque mounts on the front, but I will have a look as soon as I can and post results.
By teal_dx
95c1v1c wrote:I never saw any torque mounts on the front, but I will have a look as soon as I can and post results.

some people take them off, even if they don't replace the other mounts with urethane ones :thumbdown:
By blockustomz
#94053 mine are crack.. (lower torqe mounts) what should i get for replacement and where?
By VegasCivic
#94080 Try starting off in second. see what happens.
By ohDirka
#94086 My civic did that for about 3 weeks one time. Check your clutch fluid and make sure you done have any air bubbles.
By 95c1v1c
#94450 I checked all the engine/transmission mounts and they seem to be fine, I will check the clutch fluid for bubbles when I can get some help. Thanks for the info, will post results
By dipdawg
#94477 I'm having the same problem and also have a noise that sounds like a baseball card in wheel spokes let us know if you find what is causing the problem
By 95c1v1c
D15kid wrote:My civic did that for about 3 weeks one time. Check your clutch fluid and make sure you done have any air bubbles.

You were dead on, bleeding the clutch eliminated the wheel hop and made the shifting more even and predictable. Finally had the time to do this, I've been busy with work and things.
By 95c1v1c
#106385 I was wrong, still hopping at times...
By ballistic
#106739 I get the same thing, for it to not happen I have to let off the clutch extremely slow.