General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By DannyCraQ
#46550 well i fired up my car today, and it idled fine. heres the problem, when i tried to shift into any gear, nothing. doesnt catch it, it goes into gear but doesnt move the car, i can hear it in the shift linkage but nothing from the car, anyone know anything bout why this would do that? i can start the car with the shifter in first

could it be my clutch pedal not having any pressure? i bled it right, and i can see the clutch release fork moving, but even when i start it in first it doesnt jolt or kick, i didnt wire up the clutch pedal

someone help, im stuck, car turns over, but no gear will move the car. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

:?
By teal_dx
#46556 having no pressure in your pedal will make that happen. I would be sure that you have no leaks, your master & slave cyl are OK and not leaking at all, and bleed the system again.

sometimes air bubbles can be stubborn, slamming the pedal to the floor can help to knock them out of the master cylinder.
By DannyCraQ
#46565 okay, cause its a new slave cylinder and master and i have that earl braided ss line, so ima do that tommorow as im too drunk to now, thanks teal, ill hit it up tommorow and let u know the deal.
By chrono404
#46582 I installed a new clutch over the weekend as well as put in a new rebuilt transmission. I had the same problem. My Problem was I Didn't fully install one of the half shafts into the transmission all the way. When I looked under the car after playing with the axles, saw some fresh oil, then looked under neeth and a half shaft wasn't in all the way. pushed it in some more. Put it back together and she drives like a champ.

I was very releaved when I saw this was the problem. I thought I didn't tighten the pressure plate enough. I hope your problem is as Simple as mine was. :lol:
By overtwo
#46657 :o WTF ARE YOU DOING WORKING ON YOUR CAR AT 1 IN THE MORNING YOU NUT!!!! :lol: Especially after last night!!! :shock:
By DannyCraQ
#46755 yea didnt make this post at 1 am lol

weird

and yea i dont remember much from that night either