General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By Darb 2k
#43620 Just wanted to get some feedback.

How often to change?

Better to go with AMsoil if an option?

Magnetic drain bolts? Yay?

TIA!!

Cheers
By darkshadow
#43621 i have used both royal purple and mobil one as well, i liked the mobil one better. also have tried syncromesh
By Darb 2k
#43622 Car is starting to get harder to shift.

Might need to readjust my clutch pedal. Master Cyl was just replace a month ago.

maybe my pressure plate is going out too?

Not sure.
By chrono404
#43673 If the car is getting harder to shift, Changing the Oil would be a good idea.

I have yet to change the fluid in my Tranny since I put my current one in. Its been in for 6-7 Months or so now, So its probably okay. I put in Normal 10-40 Motor Oil in my Tranny when I swapped the transmission In.

Changing Tranny Fluid is a cheaper thing to test then replacing the Pressure Plate :lol: . Hope that Solves the problem, Realistically it probally wont be the end of the Issue though.
By teal_dx
#43939 I would use the Honda MTF :thumb:

Also I believe that manual D trannys already have a magnet inside them. But if a magnetic drain plug gives you reassurance, then pick one up :thumb:
By stefan
#44712 I also use MTF3 oil for the tranny, only since we swapped the clutch though.
Before I always used 10w40 motor oil, but I like MTF3 better.
When cold you benefit most from it, as it slips easier into gear, especially first or reverse.
By MG6
#202549 bring this thread back alive. Since most have Manual on this site, I want to find out if anyone got a Auto that uses Amsoil ATF (universal) as they should lower the temp compare to Honda ATF.

What do you think?
By suspendedHatch
#202714 NO! Don't use anything other than Honda ATF on an AT.

For MT I use Honda MTF or Torco. I've tried others ie synchromesh. But I've never experienced the miraculous tranny repairs that others have experienced with a fluid change.
By civicboy18
#205743 well, if you have extra dough, then go with a magnetic drain bolt. (it works well) :D ive tried redline tranny oil with my eg, so far so good. :D