General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By joejo
#347855 can anyone help me please?
By joejo
#347891 my car is a 92' civic eg 4 door 1.6 non vtec carburator engine. i bought it last month. the 5th gear is ok when the clutch is not involved. when clutch bite, the 5th gear cannot go neutral so its hard to change to lower gear while im driving. need some advise on this. i checked the gear oil but it seem not problem of the gear oil.
By teal_dx
#347899 First I would inspect the shift linkage, since that is the easiest. If that is ok, then you have an internal transmission problem, I'm guessing a bent fork. Has the transmission grinded or popped out of gear before?
By joejo
#347925 teal_dx. thank you for your advise. im kind of interested of a turbo single cam vtec project. i am very2 new to car mods also. i always wanted a b series for my car but here in malaysia its cost over 10k MYR. and im not spending that much on my car. my fren told me to mini-me swap to vtec single cam head and replace the high compression pistons. but im curious can i boost a turbo in my 1.6 d series engine then can i upgrade to single cam vtec's head?a im still very2 vew to engine mods and i apologise if my curiousity is not possible to be done. i have frens who are mechanics and b series lover but they have money to spend on their car. i cant spend too much on car because i have 2 kids to support. 2 car still in hire purchase. 1 house rental and a lots of bills to pay every month. i just wanted a fun car to play with and to release my stress of working and hanging around honda car culture. maybe i can sell more cars by hanging around car lover. im a honda malaysia salesperson.