General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By rafaortiz21
#303995 So I replaced the clutch yesterday and now I notice the pedal being soft . I also hear a winding sound when releasing the pedal. Everything is new from the fly wheel to the slave valve. Any suggestions?
By rafaortiz21
#304006 I will bleed it again. Thanks man. After this the car just need a paint job and rims. Lol. And any other bullshit that comes up. :hehe:
By rafaortiz21
#304567 So I bleed the crap out of the clutch system and I still have a soft pedal. I have checked the entire system and cant find a sign of any sort of leaks. What can I do next?
By suspendedHatch
#304776 What condition are the master and slave cylinders in? When they're bad or when there's air in the system, the pedal is usually "mushy" and not so much soft.

What kind of clutch did you put in? Does the car shift fine?

The firmness of the pedal will depend on the clutch disc. As long as the release bearing is facing the right way, then all I would say is your new clutch is softer than whatever you used to have.
By rafaortiz21
#304779 Thanks guys for the info! I was going to post this yesterday. I read in another forum, all the different tricks to bleed any hydraulic system. There was a trick of using some clear tubing from the slave valve to the resivior, which was the one the I used and it work. Now my clutch feels right.

I will look for the link on this trick and post it. But is a simple use of clear tubing from the slave valve to the resivior. Make sure that the tubing is inside of the fluid to prevent air from entering the system. Pump away until there is no sign of air bubbles in the clear line. Make sure to keep the system full while pumping.