General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By teal_dx
#30487 a couple weeks ago, my slave cylinder went out while I was driving. My clutch was disengaging less and less as I was driving to the point where I had to match rpm's and shift w/o a clutch. I was gonna make it home, but I got caught at a light. Then I couldn't get it into gear to move again so I had to pay for a tow anyways :x

Well as the slave cyl was kicking the bucket, I had a few grinds. I replaced the slave cyl and all is good, except for shifting into 3rd gear after taking 2nd past 4-5k. It crunches every time, unless I double clutch.

So it seems my 3rd gear synchro is shot... Has anyone ever taken apart a tranny before?
I'd like to replace the bearing myself, and install a LSD while the tranny is apart :twisted:
I can get a discount from the dealership, so I am thinking of attempting this myself...
By hondajunkee
#30490 ask mistabone on ohio hondas, hes the tranny master
By york62
#30497 haha, when you fond out how to do it yourself, i will be right behind, i want an LSD
By Greasedmonkey
#30559 Doing is not hard if you have the tools required. I took my old d tranny apart in a manual tranny class I was taking for the honda cert I got. There is a site that sells carbon coated synchros that you should look into since you going turbo and all. I believe its gearspeedinc.com. They sell some nice stuff.

As far as taking it apart, just make sure you have the HELMS manual that honda uses. Not the haynes or other junkie shit.
By Ej2-B16a
#30579 really not that hard. just got done taking apart a tranny in my Manual Transmissions class.....

as your doing it, youl catch on. its literaly like puzzles that will go toghter..... just take plenty pics. and whatever you do KEEP IT CLEAN FOR GODS SAKE!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: if u get a lil rock in there or something.. :thumbdown: .
By Graham
#30585 Post up a how to when you've done it please cos i need to do the exact same - and an LSD would be nice :lol:
By ChicagoMike
#30587 Dont waste your time trying to rebuild, try to get in touch with this kid. He's a local, but he might be willing to ship. Bad thing is.....no LSD.

http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46917
By asianrob
#30595 its easy to take it apart lol....but when you look into it its kinda hard to put together haha