General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By asianrob
#270703 you'll need to clean it up before install.
By teal_dx
#270732 I will never buy another OBX product after buying one of their LSD's - bad experience with the axle not fitting and leaking tranny fluid. That was 4 years ago I think, I don't know how their quality control is these days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYbn_TGhknQ
By Fada Blayne
#270744 im actually looking in to one for myself. My boy that worked at a tranny shop made me aware of the fact that for some reason they tend to make u run low on tranny fluid for some reason like once every three months or so. He also told me that they like to "click" but once you top off the fluid it stops. He is currently running one of those LSD's in his tranny but wouldn't recommend it to anyone else, he things its better to just invest in a good one from jump or even consider an OEM one.
By RWMIII
Fada Blayne wrote:im actually looking in to one for myself. My boy that worked at a tranny shop made me aware of the fact that for some reason they tend to make u run low on tranny fluid for some reason like once every three months or so. He also told me that they like to "click" but once you top off the fluid it stops. He is currently running one of those LSD's in his tranny but wouldn't recommend it to anyone else, he things its better to just invest in a good one from jump or even consider an OEM one.

OEM FTW :thumb:
By Gunni
#271254 Quaife ftw
By forcefedEG
#271543 I one in my car now and I have one in another trans, no complaints they work ok for me. I'm not sure how much power I'd want to put to one but Idk
By bks84
#271557 I too have an OBX unit in my B16 trans (essentially a DD). I have a slight whine on decel, but aside from that I couldnt be happier.

Quaife will run about 900 give or take
OEM, not sure, but it'll more than likely be used. So beware buying USED parts off the internet. I've seen ITR LSD's go for as low as $150-$200.
OBX will run about $400 give or take.

The PO of my Lsd said he replaced the hardware (bolts), reassembled the unit and installed it and it was fine for him in his race car (b20v hatch). I then bought it from him when he decided to go K. ive had zero issues with losing fluid or axles not fitting, getting stuck.