General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By sipolt89
#26851 im pulling my motor out and i need to know how to take the shift linkage off.im trying to pop off that pin looking thing but im not positive if thats what its for becausseits not budging.its a d15b vtec.
By asianrob
sipolt89 wrote:im pulling my motor out and i need to know how to take the shift linkage off.im trying to pop off that pin looking thing but im not positive if thats what its for becausseits not budging.its a d15b vtec.

yea thats the bitch pin you can get a hammer and a 12mm bolt and knock it out by that way.. its really hard... reason its called the bitch pin cuz no one likes bitches you know lol
By york62
#26866 hacksaw?
By chnzgoofball
#26873 fuck it just rip that shit out!! :lol: haha on the real tho... what teal said would work when i did mines i just used a bolt slightly smaller then the hole ont he shift linkage
By ohDirka
#26893 every time that ive pulled a motor i have always taken off the shift linkage its just easier :thumb:
By chnzgoofball
D15kid wrote:every time that ive pulled a motor i have always taken off the shift linkage its just easier :thumb:

yeah it is
By chnzgoofball
teal_dx wrote:it may be possible to pull the motor out and leave the linkage attached. I know it can be done when dropping it through the bottom.

i did this it tends to bend the shift linkage...
By Ej2-B16a
#27516 cut the linkage off ftw!!
By Split_second
#36376 i had a problem with that pin too, couldnt get it off so i just use that shift linkage
By bietelboer
D15kid wrote:every time that ive pulled a motor i have always taken off the shift linkage its just easier :thumb:

Definitely! :thumb: