General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By Classiccarsrule85
#218193 id say do a 5spd swap lol jk jk

but yea if you are anywhere near ny i have a dohc zc auto trans sitting collecting dust if you want it

if you arent anywhere near me then depends on how familiar you are with trans rebuilds and how comfortable you are with going into a gearbox....

if you are comfortable and stuff id say diy as its always going to be cheaper......if you are not id get a usdm repop as i in my mind think all trans that are auto are practically the same as you really cannot in my mind race (when i say race i mean a track with lefts and rights ) nor do our transmissions auto wise hold up to much more power then stock from what ive encountered.......so yea id do whatever your wallet and you feel more comfortable with
By chrono404
#218209 Older Honda Autos are known for going out. Actually the new ones are too actually. You can cheap out by picking up another one off a Junked Car. however it will have high mileage and grantee of how long its good for. If you do get one, get one from a wrecked car. if theres no body damage a good reason as why its there is the prevous owner didn't want to pay for a replacement engine or more likely auto transmission.

In Japanase law they only have to replace engines every 30k. So a Japanase transmission can easy have 180k miles still on it.

If you plan on keeping your car Automatic and want to keep it for a while. Having your Transmission rebuilt might be the best idea. however if are thinking of getting something different just get one from a wrecked junkyard car.
By MG6
#218251 Nothing wrong with a little Auto tranny on the honda. I have one :thumb:

But yea, i am not looking forward in replacing the auto tranny with it does die out. knock on wood :woot:
By suspendedHatch
#218576 Get a used import trans. Very few people know how to rebuild one correctly, and for the price you could get 2 jdm imported trannies.

I used to get them for free. Someone would import an engine that had an auto tranny on it and they'd just toss the tranny. But now people import complete swaps.
By vincsk2003
#218776 Get a used import trans meaning it is from Japan?

Noe can't even reverse in the morning till the engine is warmed up....