General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By zachman078
#171643 I've bought a 1993 civic dx and am very pleased, BUT... it's auto!!! :x Not pleased with that. What manual tranny can I mate to the D15B7? If this has already been posted, my apoligies, but would appreciate the link.
By fhukingviet
#171652 for shortest geared and better acceleration, go with a d16z6 or y8 tranny.
By That One Dude
#171846 There's a lot more to swapping in a manual in place of an auto.

You will need:
-Transmission, duh.
-Shifter and linkage.
-Manual transmission mount.
-Clutch master cylinder (CMC), reservoir, and slave cylinder (CSC).
-Clutch pedal assembly, and manual transmission brake pedal assembly.
-Flywheel (as opposed to a flexplate in an auto).
-Clutch, duh.
-Some sort of fluid line from the CMC to the CSC.
-Manual ECU (match it to your engine, whatever it is).
--I'm not sure how it is in the D-series ECUs, but in the B18B1 automatic ECU, there is a resistor that you desolder and remove and it becomes a manual ECU. I'd be arsed to remember which resistor it is.
-Manual center console.
-Manual cluster if you want to complete the look.

And about a week or so to do the swap...
By zachman078
#171853 well...i was thinkin about doin an engine swap. Throw in a D16Y8 with the five speed stick and all. It all comes in one "big" package, so i guess i'll just throw down a couple hundred more and get the whole package. there are all kinds of write-ups for the swap, so... sound like a good idea? It'll be about five months, but i'll get the bread.
By teal_dx
#171884 I'd do some research on the D16y8 swap (0bd2) vs the D16z6 (obd1) vs just the ex/si tranny & a mini-me swap (cheapest option)

how much do you want to do work wise and what's your budget?
By ChicagoMike
#171900 Definately find out what fits your budget the best, and whatever you do.......just dont put this tranny in your car.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

---> MOVED TO THE TRANSMISSION SECTION OF THE FORUM <---
By zachman078
#172514 work wise, it doen't matter. the civic is my second car, so i can give it as much attenton as needed. as for money...haha. well the old lady wouldn't agree, but i'm looking to spend around 2 grand, less if possible. not alot i know, but more than enough to have some fun, epecially since i'm doing the work myself.
By That One Dude
#172561 If you're just doing a tranny swap, you won't spend anywhere near $2,000 unless you're buildiing a bullet proof tranny.