General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By i8umup
#169325 ok so i have a h2b kit and when i bought the car i was told that the tranny was a 2000 civic si trans. heres the problem the axles i have are from napa but when i went to replace them i ordered in 2000 civic si axles. they look right but they are like 1 inch shorter. so how can i find out what axles i need the trans is missing the data plate so any ideas would be nice this is the last thing holdin me up from rollin
By JUICE
#169331 all B series axles are the same. only difference is between auto and manual ones. but all B16's came manual.... i guess like teal said, look for a part # on the old ones which i guess are damaged/ pretty rough??
By i8umup
#169334 nah man i have part numbers on them but napa says that its not crossing over into their system so idk but they were bought there i mean they still have a napa sticker on them. would the auto axles be shorter than the manual ones?
By JUICE
#169337 thats just it, there is no B16 auto axle.. get them to grab any 94-01 integra manual axle. check and compare that
By i8umup
#169338 ok i will try thanks
By i8umup
#169428 nah they were closed by the time i got back down there. its ok though ill hit them up tomorrow after work ill let yall know cause if the teg axles dont work i just dont know what the hells next. :?
By i8umup
#169889 ok went down to napa today and told them i wanted 94-01 teg axles. they didnt have them but they did have a pic on the computer. i could visualy tell that those where closer to what i was looking for. so they are suppose to be here tomorrow i guess we will wait and see when they get here. i appriciate the help juice :thumb:
By JUICE
#169906 hope it works out.

found out theres no difference between auto an manual axles themselves just the intermediate shaft. still confused on why the B16 ones are "off" though....
By i8umup
JUICE wrote: still confused on why the B16 ones are "off" though....

what u mean?
By JUICE
i8umup wrote:
JUICE wrote: still confused on why the B16 ones are "off" though....

what u mean?

cause theres only 1 type of b16 axle and it SHOULD be exactly the same as the integra ones. you sure they're not pullin the axle for a 92-95 Si (D series axle)???? :?
By chrono404
#169939 All 90+ B Series Axles are the Same. Even Manual and Automatic axles are the same.The Intermediate shaft on them is different, however the axle's are identical.

You can take an axle off a USDM Integra LS Automatic and put it in your JDM B16 Manual Transmission. It wont make any difference.

BTW They do have Automatic B16's In Japan. I remember one of members talking about getting one on here. I think it was Mr. Pink, They also have Automatic GSR's over there as Well. I figured America, Capital of the Automatics would have them before Japan Would.
By That One Dude
#169942 QSD says you don't have to have special axles for their H2B kit. They do, however, say that he kit comes with an intermediate shaft adapter, allowing you to use the driver side B-series axle.

Evolution sends you a whole new carrier for the bearing for the intermediate shaft. Also utilizing the B-series driver side axle.

Where did you get your kit from?

Also, ALL B-series axles are the same from 1990-2001 regardless of auto or manual. I looked it up on hondapartsunlimited.com the other day out of curiosity.

The quick 10 minute search I did brought to my attention that you ought to be able to slap your B-series axles straight in...