General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By 102hp
#163338 So my car never had any trouble shifting until the weather started to hit 32*F. Ever since the snow my clutch has no resistance. It just sags until its about an inch from the floor and I'll be lucky if it even shifts. Before it got cold the pedal could be easily pushed down.I did ride it home from school and had to kick the pedal a few times to get the car to shift. Anyone know whats up?
By ikon
#163415 could be ur slave cylinder is going bad or the fluid is starting to freeze and not being pumped through the sytem. have u ever changed ur slave cylinder?
By teal_dx
#163488 Sounds like a bad slave cylinder. When they wear out they leak. Then air gets into your clutch line. Could also be a leaking master cylinder, but the slave cylinder is much more common to cause this.
I don't think it is the fluid freezing because I didn't think it could freeze.

When metal parts get cold, they will slightly contract/shrink which increases the tolerances between them which means more space for fluid to leak past.

Unbolt the 2 bolts holding on the slave cyl on the transmission and pull it off. If there's fluid inside the rubber boot then you need a new one.
By PandaHatch
#163504 X3 easy fix man..
By ikon
#163516 can it really not freeze :?
By 102hp
#163667 So my dad made me take it to a shop and its the slave cylinder! 75$ for a new part and 1.5 hours for labor, awesome! :x