General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By openshot
#160326 hello i have a problem with the shifter linkage's when the car is in gear the shifter can be moved around like its in N so i got my self the shifter kit it comes with new gaskets and a bolt and some other stuff but where is the problem so i can change everything. hoping this help's you to help me
By openshot
#160334 ok thanks i wanna use the hole kit because it comes with o rings new bolt nut and a part that the o rings go on
By itCouldgeTwoRse
#160336 it will use the wole thing. carfull not to stip the bolt at the base of the shifter :thumb: kuz then youll have to take the linkage off and the shifter out and cut the damn bolt out. mine was super rusty and i had to do that. what should take 5 minutes turned into an hour and a half irritating project. :lol:
By openshot
#160339 dang. so its right on the shifter link and the shifter under the car the main one that moves?
By itCouldgeTwoRse
#160369 yeah, if that bolt comes out nice then you drop that link down and in the bottom of the shifter youll (well should see) a bearing spacer type deal push that out and it should have 2 little o-rings on it. but it prolly wont seeing as thats why your shifter feels like your shifting in a bowl of soup. take the new peice with the o-rings on it and stick it in there. if its a bit rusty and wont slide in take an old toothbrush and knock the crud out of there. hope this helps :thumb:
By openshot
#160379 thanks
By openshot
#160745 thanks guys i put it all in and it works great now it feels like its new and does not feel like im shifting in a bowl of soup