N/A build discussion
By Greasedmonkey
#26070 Just picked up my short block. Didnt get the one I had planned on becuase the guy decided to screw me over and tell me the price he said was without pistons and rods instead of without just pistons. Being that I already have pistons, i didnt care about not getting the pistons. Cant make it work with out rods though. So I didnt end up getting the JDM ITR i wanted. I did get a 94 GSR short block with AC compressor and alt. The wierd thing is I always thought GSR pistons said P72 on them, these say P73. Ill get some pics of everything I have when I drop the block off at my dads.
By Greasedmonkey
#26072 Here are some pics of the block sitting in the back of my hatch.

If you look close, you can see AO P73 on the pistons.
By ChicagoMike
#26073 You sir, have USDM ITR pistons in that block. :thumb:

If they were JDM ITR pistons, they would say 00 P73, insted of A0 P73.
By ChicagoMike
#26089 Hey, if its gonna be a while before you get that dropped in, put tape across the top of the motor, try to keep any more shit from getting between the piston and the cylinder wall. :thumb:
By ChicagoMike
teal_dx wrote:but not duct tape... you'll be scraping off the sticky shit it leaves behind (learned the hard way)

do a few strips of the wide masking tape :thumb:

Good lookin out, I forgot to mention that. :lol:
By Greasedmonkey
#26106 Yea, it will be a while before it goes in. But the pistons and rods will be taken out when I get it on a stand. I have PCT pistons to put in it. Im also going to clean up that block. Its nasty dirty. Gotta get a new oil pump, water pump, tensioner, rear main seal and bearings then I can put the short block back together.
By DJ NeX
#26150 looks sexy! now put it together!
By chnzgoofball
#26198 wow thats a lot of carbon build up on the pistons... :shock:
By ohDirka
chnzgoofball wrote:wow thats a lot of carbon build up on the pistons... :shock:

x2
By Greasedmonkey
#26211 yea, I will clean them up and most likely put them up for sale...I dont need them.
By Greasedmonkey
#26360 Well, last night was the kicker!! On my way to drop off the motor at my dads, my tranny imploded. its kaput. So now Im down a swapped hatch and up a f150. This sucks. I need to find a b16a tranny now.
By chnzgoofball
Greasedmonkey wrote:Well, last night was the kicker!! On my way to drop off the motor at my dads, my tranny imploded. its kaput. So now Im down a swapped hatch and up a f150. This sucks. I need to find a b16a tranny now.

damn that sucks...
By Greasedmonkey
#26980 Today I picked up the valve cover gasket, spark plug grommets and the cam seals. As soon as I sell my LS i can get a new tranny. Another GSR unfortunatly. I really wanted a B16 tranny. oh well. once thats done I can start focusing on the motor. its still sitting in the back of the car at the honda dealership right now.
By Ej2-B16a
chnzgoofball wrote:isnt 2.5" a little big for all motor? i thought 2.25" was good?? :?

yeah i was thinking the same thing.. 2.5 is turbo....... for our little 1.6 - 1.5 liter motors