Topics that apply to all 92-95 civics
By jayEGR
#212707 ok quick question can i close all the holes on the rack and pinion with bolts so no fluid will spill , or would that lead to locking up my rack and pinion and needing to replace it
:?
By Binks
#212737 How do I go about doing that?
By 95c1v1c
jayEGR wrote:ok quick question can i close all the holes on the rack and pinion with bolts so no fluid will spill , or would that lead to locking up my rack and pinion and needing to replace it
:?

You would not be able to turn the wheel, you need a way for the piston inside the rack to expel the fluid out of one chamber and into the other chamber again. If you plug the holes you get what's called a "fluid lock" the ideal way to run this is to install a cross union fitting where the 4 lines can be connected together without any restrictions.
By jayEGR
#212806 sounds good so do what these guys did and i would be good then , i need a breather line for the R&P
By jayEGR
#213951 what if i put the reservoir where you put the breather instead would this stop the leaking of power steering fluid from going every where ? :eh:
By jayEGR
#214012 sweeet thanks teal :thumb:
By Sirk
#218308 I've just got this, just got to pick up some hose clips
By kingjmack
#218399 stealthmodeperformance.com has a set-up for those wanting to remove their power steering.
By jayEGR
#218427 sirk that looks sweet manz gotta find one of those when i go to the junk yard again :thumb: :thumb:
By Eg6H2D
#228174 what's the diff between the innner and outer tie rods from Manual to power? :?
By LSVTIEG
#248852 i did mine a lil different. my rack came stock with a bolt in the fitting on the right of pic 3 so i just looped the left & center. its been working like that for about 2yrs with no problems.
By EG Love
#281082 why not just swap in a manual steering rack from an EG that came with manual steering? My PS rack is leaking somewhere, was planning to just swap in a manual one but all I can find is information on looping the hose.
By 95c1v1c
#281232 This is the thread for you...if you can find a civic with a manual rack, try to get the subframe at the same time...and then rip out about 25 pounds of brackets and pumps and hoses! Apparently you don't need the subframe for the swap to work, but the power and manual subframes have different passenger side shock mount holes.