Topics that apply to all 92-95 civics
By eg_infamous
#79705 Just wondering if anyone's tried it. My boy has a stock '02 si muffler laying around. I wanna try to see if it fits on my sedan. without modifying tooo much. I have a 4" fart can on it right now thats a bit too loud for my neighbors' taste :D Imma test fit it and take some pix tomorrow unless someone tells me otherwise
By suspendedHatch
#79784 What are the dimensions? When I measured for my aftermarket muffler I came up with about 14 inches of length and 10 width. Pipe is center/center from the factory I believe.
By teal_dx
#79787 if you know how to weld then you'll be good. I put a 99 si stock muffler on my hatch. I welded the muffler to the old pipe that went over the lower arm. Then cut the extra length off the other side of the muffler & welded on some custom hangars.

an EP muffler would look sweet :thumb:
By eg_infamous
#79992 I didnt get a chance to take any pics, got sidetrack'd with installing my aftermarket steering wheel :woot: but lookin at the two mufflers and doing a visual comparison in my head, it seems the piping on the ep muffler may be few inches shorter. So Imma have to cut some piping from the fart can i have on now. I cant weld, so i was thinking more about using a slightly larger diameter pipe section to slip over the two ends and clamp them down. And the hangers on the ep looks like it will line up to the hooks on the car. I'll take pics later on today
By biretsu89
#79999 O.o.. clamps? hmm... I didnt know you could do that.... show us the results in the end :thumb:
By eg_infamous
#80133 ok the results are in! So i measured the ep3 muffler. Its about 23 inches from flange to tip. My fart can exhaust was about 30 inches from flange to tip. The muffler itself fits even tho it does sit a bit high. Real close to the underside of the car. You can use the stock hangers on the muffler and on the car it will hook on like stock. Here are the pics

my egay cat back
I liked how it sits nice with my rear bumper even tho it was melting it a bit :lol:

now the ep3 muffler
Test fitting to see how much i needed to cut off my old pipping. The piping on the ep3 is short by about 6 inches or so and the flange is different.

Cut the flange off
The piping off my fart can used to make up for the shortage.
Test fitting again. Slight gap will be covered by pipe section.
This didnt turn out as well as I wanted it to but it holds pretty well for now. Until I can swing by the shop to have them weld it for good.

How she sits

Took it out for a test drive a few hours later (had to wait for that muffler sealant patch thing to sit for an hour or so) and I must say how nice it is to hear the wind blowing while cruising down the street and on the highway rather than hearing the fart can blasting nonstop :lol: its definately quieter than the fart can during normal driving/cruising around town and on the highway with a really low grumble ( which sounds nice, not ricey). It can get loud like an aftermarket exhaust if you want it to just by goin hard on the gas. It is an Si exhaust after all....So overall its pretty easy, hangers hook up like stock. Only thing is the piping pretty much like any other exhaust.. I"ll do a video of the sound later on when I get a chance.

EDIT: Forgot to add in. My Cat back piping was 2.25" and the ep3 muffler piping was 2" I used a 2.5" to 2-1/8" reducer to connect the two.
By Gorveatt
#80160 Looks good, much better then the ebay one. and would sound a hell of a lot better too lol
By eg_infamous
#80203 yeah it definately improved the sound or lack of. I just got it welded on for good today. Although it does sit a bit tucked under the bumper and little turned. But looks isnt a big factor right now. Anyways, I'll do a video prolly tomorrow so you guys can hear how she sounds.
By biretsu89
#80206 sweeeetttt... good to see that it came along.