Topics that apply to all 92-95 civics
By LaMbErT*
#4784 Im gunna be spraying ma mates rocker cover tommorrow and i want to know what kind of paint to get wether in a spray can or normal. Obv ill need the paint to withstand high temps without flaking off but i dont know what kind to get im sure you guys have sprayed the cover before....
By teal_dx
#4786 http://www.duplicolor.com/products/engine.html

Duplicolor Engine enamel. The high heat 1200? is overkill, the 500? will do fine. just be sure to prep the surface. Strip it down with some aircraft remover and be sure there is no grease/oil. do a wipe down with a wax/grease remover before you paint.

If you want a wrinkle finish, VHT makes a high heat wrinkle finish. Krylon makes one too but I don't think it is made for high heat.
By LaMbErT*
#4788 Remember im going to have to get it out a shop in scotland lol i don't know any shops that would do it, maybe halfrauds but thats a bitch lol
By LaMbErT*
#4793 ill have a look on the net before i goto work but the only major place round here for auto is halfrauds and i use the frauds because its expensive and shit lol
By eg-civic-racer
#4801 I would take your time and buy some good paint! I bought some paint from H and it all flaked!!!!!!!

If your desperate then maybe try B&Q for some high temp paint? Might get a nice black fire place paint? :thumb:
By LaMbErT*
#4827 Good idea buddy, hes wanting silver but black isnt a bad idea it will go with his slips :)
By eg-civic-racer
#4835 spray the cover black and then wet and dry the honda badges up!!!!

SWEET AS FU*K!!! :thumb:
By chnzgoofball
Guccipoo wrote:spray the cover black and then wet and dry the honda badges up!!!!

SWEET AS FU*K!!! :thumb:

i never seen that but i can really picture it hahaha
By eg-civic-racer
#4962 Any joy today then with painting? :?
By LaMbErT*
#4964 Well got it sprayed, looks sexual. Will get a pic up later but heres what i done.

1. Got the rocker cover off
2. sanded down with 800 then 1200
3.Sprayed a base coat of gloss white(just some shit i had lying around)
4. After that kyle(mate with ej9) masked off the lettering.
5. Gave it a couple of coats with some gloss black i had lying around and then a couple of coats of laquor....

Got fook all done to my little eg today but i still felt it was a good day :D

Edit: Pics...

By notso_eg
#5008 That looks the business!! get the rest of the engine bay as clean! Wish i had the time to do mine - spend all my bloody time fixing my back brakes!!
By stefan
#8212 Sorry for bringing this dusty topic back up, but I just have to show off my mildly modded cover :wink:

I spayed it with heatresistant paint from Motip, 'Dark Anthracite'.
Just removed what was left of the old paint, and sanded it, degreased it and put on a few layers of paint.
I let dry in the oven at 250?C, and now it's perfect :)

The cover I've got on my B7 head, is primered and painted with regular paint.
It lasted for a few months (you can count those months on one hand tho), and now it getting off, too bad!

[/showoffmode :D ]
By vtec_gloucester
#8221 all those cam covers would much better if they said DOHC on them rather than SOHC :P :lol: