Topics that apply to all 92-95 civics
By Skyu_Ivy
#4730 I recently removed my heater and everything that was attached to it to save some weight. I plan on driving the car in the summer months only and was wondering if there would be a problem with the windows fogging on rainy days. I live in Nova Scotia, Canada so its not too bad for humidity in the summer.

Thanks!
By Skyu_Ivy
#4733 :D Thats what i was thinking but hopefully i don't get caught in the rain someday. I am also planning on removing my windshield wash bottle and attempting your battery tuck! I hope to get some camlock screws and attach my front bumper with those for quick removal. Would be eaiser than those tricky screws that were used by honda! I had to drill some to get them out :thumbdown:
By teal_dx
#4735 those 5 screws iin the center are a bitch when they are rusted in! I had to rill out a couple as well!

What did you do about that hole in the cowl where the blower motor used to sit below?

I'm not sure if I should seal mine or not since it won't be in the rain anyways :?
By Skyu_Ivy
#4802 I want to seal the firewall as much as possible. You might not get any rain but i would imagine the road and engine noise would increase some. I think i will weld a piece of metal in the holes and cut when i need something to go through.

I was thinking about re-running whatever i could through a new gromet (Excuse spelling) Which would give me a nice clean wall. Most people wouldn't notice it but i would know it was like that haha. I want to replace my brake hardlines and have 4 clean holes, i remember seeing gromets at home depot that would work, near the bottom with the conjunction thinghy (Forgot what its called) on the inside of the wall. I Have lots of room now.

The main problem i am having now is finding the time to work on my car not to mention not having any money :thumbdown: But i figure school is soon over and the weather will be nicer so i can get the interior painted and the firewall cleaned up. I still have to get all the little pieces of tar off the floor haha it is a bugger i cleaned the rest with paint thinner and it cleaned up really nice. Due to all the salt the floor on the driver side needs some special attention. I just sprayed some rust killer primer on it to keep it out of the elements for now. Hopefully it won't be too much trouble!
By ChicagoMike
#4811 In my 2000 Si I removed the heater, and here in AZ we do have a monsoon season. I was nervous about the windows fogging too. I used rain-x on the inside of the window and never had a problem with it fogging. Dont know if it'll do the same for you, but its worth a try. :?
By chnzgoofball
AddictiveAllMotor wrote:In my 2000 Si I removed the heater, and here in AZ we do have a monsoon season. I was nervous about the windows fogging too. I used rain-x on the inside of the window and never had a problem with it fogging. Dont know if it'll do the same for you, but its worth a try. :?

o snap i never even thought about that... thanks a lot!!! i used to have this issue with a few older cars i had that the rear defroster didnt work hahaha but im gonna use it on my car too just to prevent fogging up :thumb:
By Skyu_Ivy
#4868 Thats a good idea! Thanks i will definately give it a try! :thumb:

Actually i have even heard of motorcyclists using pledge to keep bugs and rain off the windscreen.. funny if it would work ... and would have a fresh lemon scent :lol: