Topics that apply to all 92-95 civics
By eg-civic-racer
#4679 Does anyone know if the seats from an EF civic will fit into an EG?

The reason i ask is becuase i need to replace my two front seats but still run a harness!! these seats allow for that and there is two at my local scrappy!!

Any help would be great!!

Thanks
Mark
By eg_madness
#4697 umm mabe...I'm not sure...but give it an shot..who knows it might fit...
cause I got EK civic sheat in my EG...
By vtec_gloucester
#4698 i dont see why they wont fit - even if they dont it aint to hard to mod either the ef rails or eg rails to make them fit.
By ChicagoMike
#4707 I'm pretty sure all you have to do is swap the rails over. I'm running rails off a del sol on my stock seats, they sit you a lil lower in the car.
By Civic_HatchSI
#4712 no they dont fit because I put eg seats in my EF and the eg seats are wider so u will have to switch the rails or make your own brakets liek I did

I have 2005 si seats in my eg they fit u only have to adjust the two front brakets not the rear ones..

hope the info helps.. if you need pics or any explanation I can help yea out
By chnzgoofball
AddictiveAllMotor wrote:I'm pretty sure all you have to do is swap the rails over. I'm running rails off a del sol on my stock seats, they sit you a lil lower in the car.

how did u do that... the bolts didnt match up when i did that with mines i had to use the stock eg seat rails on the del sol seats... :?
By ChicagoMike
#4724 Thats crazy, mine just bolted right up. No modifying, rigging, or anything.
By eg-civic-racer
Code: Select allno they dont fit because I put eg seats in my EF and the eg seats are wider so u will have to switch the rails or make your own brakets liek I did

I have 2005 si seats in my eg they fit u only have to adjust the two front brakets not the rear ones..

hope the info helps.. if you need pics or any explanation I can help yea out

Pics would be great bro!!
By teal_dx
#4731 I also heard that the 88-89 EF seats are a different fitment than the 90-91 EF seats. The rails/mounting points are supposedly different, but the 90-91 are closer to an EG (but still far off).

What about swapping the bottom seat pans? That's how to get S2000 seats to fit in an EG :thumb:

pan swapping: http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=403
By eg-civic-racer
#4737 Thats a sweet idea!!

By me having a 4 point harness on standard seats will that pass an MOT inspection? (to all the uk boys and girls!)
By eg-civic-racer
#4836 Just to let all know!!

The reason that i was asking about seat fitments was becuase i want to put in standard civic seats back in as my old ones were fecked!!

Just so happened that an EF was in the scrappys and my mate (who has en EF) has a set of harness on them!

Looking at the EG seats, they would also take a 4 point harness and i checked with the garage and they say that, so long as the harness is bolted into proper seat belt mounting points, should be cool for the MOT!

And luckly enough, there was a EG that just rolled into the scrappy! So done a deal and got the seats+mounts for ?15 ($30) for the pair!! DEAL OF THE WEEK!

So will let you know when it gets back on the road and passes!!!!

Pics to follow

Peace 8)
By chnzgoofball
Guccipoo wrote:Just to let all know!!

The reason that i was asking about seat fitments was becuase i want to put in standard civic seats back in as my old ones were fecked!!

Just so happened that an EF was in the scrappys and my mate (who has en EF) has a set of harness on them!

Looking at the EG seats, they would also take a 4 point harness and i checked with the garage and they say that, so long as the harness is bolted into proper seat belt mounting points, should be cool for the MOT!

And luckly enough, there was a EG that just rolled into the scrappy! So done a deal and got the seats+mounts for ?15 ($30) for the pair!! DEAL OF THE WEEK!

So will let you know when it gets back on the road and passes!!!!

Pics to follow

Peace 8)

congrats!! just had to wait a little more hahaha :lol: :woot: